Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So after the first application of Frog Lube. How do you clean your gun? Do you need to heat, apply and let sit for an hour each time you clean. I assume you no longer use any solvents.

Thanks
Chris

·
Premium Member
1,778 Posts
You shouldn't have to use solvent to clean the gun. If done correctly the powder should just wipe off. You don't need to go through the whole process of cleaning, heating and applying every time. Once you notice the spent powders being difficult to wipe off or that you need a cleaner, then its time to heat up the parts and re-apply. You should be able to go about 5-10 sessions with your firearm before you have to do the whole process over again. That's not a problem because I think we all like an excuse to break down and clean our guns. Guns are fun.

·
Premium Member
1,005 Posts
So after the first application of Frog Lube. How do you clean your gun? Do you need to heat, apply and let sit for an hour each time you clean. I assume you no longer use any solvents.

Thanks
Chris

It is recommended to use the hair dryer / sun or whatever to heat the metal and apply it for the first three times. It is said that it takes that to season the metal.

For normal cleaning - simply take the paste or liquid and saturate a patch, rub it in, let it stand for a min or two and wipe it off. Keep doing so until it wipes clean.

When I was using Froglube exclusively, it did a pretty good job and clean up was simple. Don't over think it. :)

Here are the Instructions directly from FrogLube.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I clean my XDm after every trip to the range. I realize I don't need to but, I enjoy and it can't hurt.

I do use the solvent , heat it before applying the CLP and then then let it cool off a few minutes ( not an hour, don't know if it takes longer to cool down for a rifle) . Wipe off the excess , reassemble and done.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts