I am very fond of my shield but the stock sight picture was very cluttered with the bright white three dots on the narrow slide. I found it very hard to focus on the front sight. So I decided to ordered up some ameriglo caps. I locked down my slide in my Rockwell jawhorse and went to work with my brass punches. Broke one on the front sight and then I got out the dremel. In the back of my mind all I could think of is ajames51's diy gunsmithinging gone wrong. I took my time and got the front sight out with out any damage. Then I went to work on the rear sight. I got my largest brass punch and gave it a few whacks and it took two big chunks out of the punch. I turned it around and whacked it with the handle end and it budged and came out easy. I then fitted the new sights and got them in with no problem. I am very happy with the new sight picture and can't wait to get it back to the range.