Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am very fond of my shield but the stock sight picture was very cluttered with the bright white three dots on the narrow slide. I found it very hard to focus on the front sight. So I decided to ordered up some ameriglo caps. I locked down my slide in my Rockwell jawhorse and went to work with my brass punches. Broke one on the front sight and then I got out the dremel. In the back of my mind all I could think of is ajames51's diy gunsmithinging gone wrong. I took my time and got the front sight out with out any damage. Then I went to work on the rear sight. I got my largest brass punch and gave it a few whacks and it took two big chunks out of the punch. I turned it around and whacked it with the handle end and it budged and came out easy. I then fitted the new sights and got them in with no problem. I am very happy with the new sight picture and can't wait to get it back to the range.

·
Registered
5,287 Posts
I like!!! :D

·
Premium Member
18,061 Posts
That's awesome, I'm sold.

Sent from the county jail.

·
Registered
392 Posts
I like those sights. I may have to consider them for my Shield.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 4

·
Registered
18,867 Posts
Nice I like! Sort of line the XS sights on my G30, the post and dot are easy to pick up.

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
Looking good!
You'll have that Shield turned into a 9mm Single-Stack Glock before you know it! :D ;)

·
Registered
3,388 Posts
Looking good!
You'll have that Shield turned into a 9mm Single-Stack Glock before you know it! :D ;)
^^^PURE AWESOME! :cool:

Looks great dude. I want some of those for my G27.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts