Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are any of you guys going to make it down this weekend?

The weather looks wonderful clear through the weekend (and then some) 80s with about 60% humidity, high UV index so don't forget the sunscreen!

I should be there as far as I know, look for a short chubby guy with beige Pistol-Gear hat, if you guys would like to shoot together on the same squad, lets try to meet beforehand so we can all signup on the same squad list.

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
I plan on being there ampleworks. I will be down for the weekend with the wife. She's shooting an archery tournement up in Dublin. I will be the tall skinny dude with a Gander Mountain hat shooting and XD-40 with homemade magazine well.

See you then
mcb

·
Registered
7 Posts
mcb, I think I met you at Circleville. I was the fellow from east Cleveland, came down with Mark. Wore a Cleveland Indians ballcap.

It was a blast! Considering it was my first USPSA match, I'm just happy I didn't shoot the RO or myself. Was nice getting mostly A-hits on the last stage, though.

Anyway, I'll be at Crooked Creek next Sunday, hope to see everyone there!

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Note to self:

Don't drive nearly two hours at $3.09 a gallon only to forget your damn holster, mag pouches, and belt.

Got there about 9:15, left about 9:20 very disgusted and pissed at self.

·
Registered
228 Posts
ampleworks said:
Note to self:

Don't drive nearly two hours at $3.09 a gallon only to forget your damn holster, mag pouches, and belt.

...you gotta be kidding... I'm pissed just reading it..

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
dogwielder said:
mcb, I think I met you at Circleville. I was the fellow from east Cleveland, came down with Mark. Wore a Cleveland Indians ballcap.

It was a blast! Considering it was my first USPSA match, I'm just happy I didn't shoot the RO or myself. Was nice getting mostly A-hits on the last stage, though.

Anyway, I'll be at Crooked Creek next Sunday, hope to see everyone there!
Yah that was me. It was good meeting you and Mark. We will definitely have to car pool together to some of the further matches. I will also be at Crooked Creek next Sunday.

I had an OK match after the first stage. My squad started on Stage 3 and I was trying to use my reloads. After my last range trip I had backed off my crimp and turn my XD into a jam-O-matic. After that very ruff stage I switch back to some factory ammo I brought as backup for just such a problem and did ok. I reshot the classifier just before I left and smoked it. At least compared to other classifiers I have shot. My previous hi was a 60.58935 nationally. This weekend on my reshoot of the classifier was an unofficial 67.7787%. I was very pleased.

ampleworks said:
Note to self:

Dang that sucks hard core. I wish you would have looked me up I had a spare holster and I could have spared two or three mag pouches. It wouldn’t have been your gear but you would have at least got to shoot. That’s bum luck ampleworks.

mcb

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
After getting my Blade-Tech D&O, Safariland 773s, and a CR speed belt, nothing else feels natural. I hate it when the home club shoots IDPA because I can't see buying a $50-60 leather belt just to shoot IDPA 5 times a year.

Seems like every time I go to Circleville that I have an issue. Last time my gun was out of service because of a broken roll pin, time before that I had the wrong ammo with me (115s instead of 147s, before my reloading days), and the list just goes on and on.

I thought about waiting it out, but there was no more than about 10 people there when I got there, knowing how few actually shoot an XD there to boot, I just said the heck with it. I thought about jetting to Lancaster and getting some type of Uncle Mikes holster from Ohio Valley Outdoors but that'd been at least an hour to get there and back, not to mention they may not have been open that early.

That brings me to my next gripe, if the OSHP wasn't so rediculously gay about car-carry, I'd be using my XD to carry instead of this little Bersa 380 because the XD doesn't fit in the glovebox of my car, else I would've at least had some type of an IWB available.

Oh well, there is always next month! :p Shall we start a pool to see what I forget this time?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts