Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Stopped by my local knife shop today and picked up this CRK Pacific. I have been wanting a good fixed blade for a while, now. Almost bought one late last fall. But, when I was looking at it, an older couple came in looking for the same knife. They wanted to get it for the grandson who was graduating boot camp and was going to be deployed. After hearing their story, I passed it to them and told them to thank their grandson for his service and stay safe. They thanked me and the wife even teared up, that I did that. I assured her that her grandson would probably need and use it more than me and I would wait for another one to come in. Yes I could have ordered online and had one a few days later. But, I really like supporting locally owned businesses. Not to mention I normally get between 10 to 20% most purchases.

This thing is an absolute beast. It is well made and well balanced.
Pacific.jpg

·
Registered
18,577 Posts
That’s sweet, I’m going to add a major fixed blade one is these days. I really like the Emerson Government Mule but I think I need another good one.

·
Registered
7,013 Posts
That's sweet that you did that, Hollow Point. Good for you! :)

And yes, it's a really, really nice fixed blade, and I'm sure that their grandson will cherish it and be able to pass it down for generations to come.

CRKs knives retain value -and appreciate- for a reason.

I always wanted a Pacific, but never had the chance before getting out of the hobby. The only CRK fixed blade that I have is an Aviator in OD Kal-Guard (Official Knife Pic Thread - third photo down in this old post, the first knife on the right, pointing up). It's one of the few that I haven't sold, since it's one of my favorite users. I'll definitely pick up a Pacific if I get back on that ball again, though.

·
Registered
29,565 Posts
Good on you, man.

A good friend bought his son a Neil Roberts Pacific when he graduated from Annapolis, and was about to enter BUD/S...a bit of a reward, and a bit of an incentive.

That knife has now been on multiple deployments with him.

It's good stuff.

·
Premium Member
15,527 Posts
Dude... SCORE! Isn't it awesome? Just perfect in so many ways. The The Spartan Harsey Difensa is very similar. Reading both they seem to be PVD. Other CRK are PVD. Point being, I was battonung with mine and it came off on the ridge of the grind. I don't really care... But ya, just so ya know.

It's just such a perfect size, not a broad sword, not a utility knife. I actually took mine pig hunting. I was hoping to get it bloody. Oh well. I keep meaning to adjust my lanyard now I know how.

·
Registered
150 Posts
OP great story and thanks for sharing the recommendation. Can you recommend a good practice knife too? Thanks!

·
Registered
17,633 Posts
Very nice...I prefer my blades to be solid with no serrations though

Reactions: TSiWRX

·
Registered
7,013 Posts
Very nice...I prefer my blades to be solid with no serrations though
^ Those serrations are for a very specific purpose - kinda like the serrations cut into the Strider BT-SS.

For the vast majority of us, that kind of serration is just decorative, kinda like OE-"fog lamps" on today's cars. :) But for those who really need them, they work pretty darned well for their intended purpose.

But yup, I prefer no serrations overall - although I find that when I need a specific serration, I end up really wanting it. :lol:

----

Can you recommend a good practice knife too? Thanks!
I'm not the OP, and embarrassingly, I haven't integrated combatives in quite some time. And to tell the truth, even when I dabbled in it, it was just a weekend-seminar once-in-a-blue-moon kind of thing.....:oops::p

But are Nok's Hard Combat Training Knives still a thing? They were what I was exposed to in the higher-tier courses, and were preferred as they did not bend (which posed a physics problem that their live counterparts would not) - but were yet safe.

That, and the Shocknife..... Oh, the Shocknife..... Let's just say that the couple of times I was exposed to it in class, it was a love/hate relationship?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts