Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm now choosing my stock for my current build.
I know there are ALOT of stocks out there and I've researched more then I can remember. I've selected a handful that will mostly fit in my budget. Ideally the MOE really is the most cost effective one but I can "stretch" my budget a little since I didn't end up spending alot on my muzzle device. I'm not sure exactly which to go with but I like the Wilson Combat (Rogers) Super-Stoc the best so far. The MagPul CTR is nice but I've never been sold on the idea it's "worth" $25-30 more then the MOE stock. I'm very intregued by the Mako Group (FAB Defense) GLR16 stock... GLR-16 - AR15/M16 Butt Stock - Butt Stocks | FAB DEFENSE Weapon accessories 7
So once again I'm asking for help.

The contenders...

Wilson Combat (Rogers) Super-Stoc $75 (Black) Super-Stoc Carbine Buttstock | Black-Wilson Combat

MagPul MOE $57 (Black) MOE® - Magpul® Original Equipment - MOE® Carbine Stock – Mil-Spec Model

MagPul CTR $82 (Black) CTR® - Compact/Type Restricted - CTR® Carbine Stock – Mil-Spec Model

Mako Group GLR16 $84(Black) GLR16 6-Position Adjustable Buttstock for AR-15/M-4: Mako Security, Inc. or GLR-16 - AR15/M16 Butt Stock - Butt Stocks | FAB DEFENSE Weapon accessories 7

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
To me, having the friction lock and the QD receptacle on the CTR is reason enough to justify the difference in price between it and the MOE.

LaRue Tactical makes an accessory called a RISR that you can add to the CTR if you want to improve your cheek weld at a later date when funds allow. I'm thinking of trying one on my RRA 5.56. It's advertised for the CTR, but I don't know why it wouldn't fit a MOE, too.

LaRue Tactical RISR (Reciprocating Inline Stock Riser) LT748

·
Registered
713 Posts
From what I've seen and read, I really like the Rogers Super-Stoc. It appears to be decently durable and is offered at what I feel is a fair price point. It would be a good choice for me because I have both commercial and mil-spec receiver tubes on rifles at this time, and I could easily swap the Super-Stoc onto whatever lower I wanted.

All of my lowers with collapsible stocks have your basic M4 type stock. I've always been happy with them, and never felt the itch to replace them with anything else - until I learned about the Wilson Rogers Super-Stoc. I dunno... Maybe it's the universal fit that tripped my trigger. I will acquire one at some point.

·
Registered
422 Posts
To me, having the friction lock and the QD receptacle on the CTR is reason enough to justify the difference in price between it and the MOE.

LaRue Tactical makes an accessory called a RISR that you can add to the CTR if you want to improve your cheek weld at a later date when funds allow. I'm thinking of trying one on my RRA 5.56. It's advertised for the CTR, but I don't know why it wouldn't fit a MOE, too.

LaRue Tactical RISR (Reciprocating Inline Stock Riser) LT748
I have the CTR with this RISR. It is a nice setup.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey jn_fsu what did you end up going with? I was also wondering what brand of tube did you use to mount your stock on? Im about to start redoing my plain ol ak, and i just cant decide. Ive looked at The Mako Group polymer tube, and the CAA tube. Any thoughts or suggestions??

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey jn_fsu what did you end up going with? I was also wondering what brand of tube did you use to mount your stock on? Im about to start redoing my plain ol ak, and i just cant decide. Ive looked at The Mako Group polymer tube, and the CAA tube. Any thoughts or suggestions??
I got a great deal on a slightly used CTR. I was steered clear of the Mako group stock. I used a mil-spec standard tube. I revamped my first rifle and dropped my MOE Stock for a B5 Systems Sopmod stock. Basically a slightly rougher version of the LMT Sopmod stock. I ran a PWS Enhanced 416 buffer tube. Very tight fit would work better with a standard mil-spec tube. But I love my PWS Enhanced buffer tube. I have a third build I'm working on. I used a PWS Enhaced buffer tube on it with the Vltor Basic stock from BCM. Looser fit but was only $50. It's under there clearance or sale items. I've updated my current builds which you can check out in my sig links. I'll add my third build to my sig once it's finished. I haven't shot my revised first build with the B5 Systems Sopmod stock yet. Going to the range this weekend to shoot and zero it now that I've added a scope and Vltor Modpod.
I still really want to try the Roger Accu-stock though...

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
I have the CTR on my Del-Ton and I like it, the friction lock and QD are major improvements over the MOE....

·
Registered
957 Posts
The B5 is offered in multicam, that could be a fun build. Let us know how it feels at the range.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts