Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, I don't know if this is the right place for this question but here goes. I have the distinct pleasure/displeasure to live in Liberal Homeland of New York and as of the passage of the SAFE Act, I can no longer purchase ammo over the Internet w/o having it delivered to a local FFL. My question is, how do you choose the right FFL for the delivery? There are several near me, but their listings have no phone numbers so I don't have anyway to contact them ahead of time for their FFL delivery charges or other questions.

My local gun shop where I've purchased both pistols will take 1 delivery and then really doesn't want anything to do with you any more as it impacts their sales which I can understand. Don't know if Gander Mtn or other large box retailer is a real alternative either.

Yes, I've tried using the Search function here but could not find a prior thread on this particular subject.

Thanks for any (useful) replies.

·
Premium Member
1,225 Posts

·
Registered
8,708 Posts
Hertz, Uhaul, Ryder.....my sympathies for your situation....
It would seem the FFLs are going to make their money either way. Why would they limit your deliveries?

·
Registered
12,197 Posts
I'ld just make a driving trip & buy ammo if kalif ever gets that far. Then again I load all my own practice ammo, so it's not that big a deal. Chose the ffl that is convenient to you.

·
Premium Member
8,307 Posts
Damn, that sucks.
Another reason not to live on NY.

·
Registered
8,278 Posts
Damn, that sucks.
Another reason not to live on NY.
Like we needed another one ;)

OP...defect to Free America most ricky tick!

·
Registered
293 Posts
How much do FFLs in NY charge to accept the delivery of ammo?

This is a totally wild concept to me in WI where it's simply delivered to my door, as is in the case in all the rest of the free world outside NY. Sad to hear you have to put up with such crap in NY.

·
Premium Member
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Anyone who lives even within driving distance of one of the big bulk ammo dealers is a whole lot luckier than we are in NY. My original search did not find any phone numbers but the list in the earlier post got me to 3 local FFL's and their phone numbers. I'll end up bypassing any commercial LGS or big box store with an FFL, the local guys are (i hope) going to be more reasonable for a delivery.

Thanks for all of the replies and helpful :rolleyes: suggestions.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts