Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Glocks? Bulk ammo? AK?

I've got a budget of about $1500 for some fun. I'm trying to decide what to get/do. Here are some options, in no way in any order:

Glock 17/34 gen 4 blue label - already have a g19 and xdm 3.8 9mm compact. I like the feel of the g34, but did not like the 17 when I shot it a few weeks back.

Tavor - I'd have to save up more, and I already have an AR.

Bulk ammo 9mm and/or 5.56. Any suggestions for stocking up?

Firearm class.

Glock 21/23/35/41. I'm trying to stick with 9mm, but these guys just seem cool. I do have a 1911 and XDS, so I do have 45, just less than 9. No .40s.

Tristar t-120. Saw one I think I could get cheap at a pawn shop.

Canik Tp-9. For a stasher

Ak variant. I do not have anything in .30 caliber, but I also find I don't shoot my AR much as it is a pain to get to a decent rifle range.

Oh, and mustn't forget accessories like holsters and such.

If you were in my shoes, what would you look at seriously?

Any places you'd suggest to keep and eye at for screaming deals as christmas starts coming into view?

·
Registered
10,949 Posts
Ammo!

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
I'd snag a CZ 75, a few thousand rounds of ammo, holster and there may be enough left over for another Adams Arms AR15 blemish from Bud's.

·
Banned
20,016 Posts
If you don't have an AK get one. I am all about American made guns when possible, but I love my AK's. You would still have some ammo money left.

·
Registered
10,949 Posts
Well from what I understand, now isn't the best time to buy an AK. Not sure it's going to go back to where it was.

·
Premium Member
1,824 Posts
In before hookers and blow.

I'd say ammo and gear, then go shoot an IDPA match or something, and save the rest.

·
Premium Member
4,323 Posts
Glocks? Bulk ammo? AK?

I've got a budget of about $1500 for some fun. I'm trying to decide what to get/do. Here are some options, in no way in any order:

Glock 17/34 gen 4 blue label - already have a g19 and xdm 3.8 9mm compact. I like the feel of the g34, but did not like the 17 when I shot it a few weeks back. I shot a G34 at the range, and it is a very sweet shooter!

Tavor - I'd have to save up more, and I already have an AR. It's just cool...what else can you say?

Bulk ammo 9mm and/or 5.56. Any suggestions for stocking up? I'm all for stocking up on ammo. Can't go wrong here.

Firearm class. You can never 'learn' too much, especially defensive/combat training.

Glock 21/23/35/41. I'm trying to stick with 9mm, but these guys just seem cool. I do have a 1911 and XDS, so I do have 45, just less than 9. No .40s.

Tristar t-120. Saw one I think I could get cheap at a pawn shop.

Canik Tp-9. For a stasher

Ak variant. I do not have anything in .30 caliber, but I also find I don't shoot my AR much as it is a pain to get to a decent rifle range.

Oh, and mustn't forget accessories like holsters and such.

If you were in my shoes, what would you look at seriously?

Any places you'd suggest to keep and eye at for screaming deals as christmas starts coming into view?
I highlighted in red my favorite ideas.

Maybe a Glock 20 10MM with ammo and plenty left for something else? :D
I'm with Chicago on this one. I am in the market for a G20, and hopefully I'll have it in the next month or so. Trust me, you'll see pics when it is home ;). I'm having to come to grips with the cost of ammo for this beast, and it will probably accelerate my plans to start reloading.

·
Registered
18,867 Posts
Fun? Pass on the Glocks.

If you're looking for fun at the range you need -

A 1911, or a Sig P226 or a CZ (pick your variant). Polymer guns are tools, those I listed are classics.

·
Banned
0 Posts
In before hookers and blow.

I'd say ammo and gear, then go shoot an IDPA match or something, and save the rest.
Hookers and blow, with a tavor being next.

·
Registered
5,635 Posts
Yep, a nice 1911 with a ton of mags and ammo. I'll never tell you to not get an AK cause I love mine, but if you don't shoot it you'll start to think you don't need it.

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
Only certain AK are $$ right now. Still plenty of decent AK for well under a grand.
Hell ,there are a lot in the mid $500 price range.

·
Premium Member
4,647 Posts
How about a donation to MY ammo fund? :)

+1 for training

+ 1 for ammo

Congratulations for having funds in this economy, not everyone can do that these days!

Have a good one!

·
Registered
31,246 Posts
1500 bucks?

I'd go buy a Colt 6920 AR (about 950 now...if you look around) and squirrel it away with about 10 Pmags.

Then...when the next ammo/gun panic happens...unload it for double....THEN go buy something really cool.

-brickboy240

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
How about a donation to MY ammo fund? :)

+1 for training

+ 1 for ammo

Congratulations for having funds in this economy, not everyone can do that these days!

Have a good one!
Without going into too much detail, the funds is a result of another vehicle kissing my rear bumper several months back.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts