Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Getting ready for my class, and the timed shooting test. This is where I would prefer to have double stack mags instead of my 7 and 9 rounds. Wonder how they do it with revolvers? :mrgreen:

Alex from Texas where people wore jackets on a 73 degrees November day.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Have a good time, Alex, and best of luck! :grin:

I sure am glad that I never had to jump thru any such hoops for my CWPs/CHLs.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Getting ready for my class, and the timed shooting test. This is where I would prefer to have double stack mags instead of my 7 and 9 rounds. Wonder how they do it with revolvers? :mrgreen:

Alex from Texas where people wore jackets on a 73 degrees November day.
Here in Arkansas, if you qualify with a revolver, then you can only carry a revolver. You can carry semi-auto or revolver if you qualify with a semi-auto.
Nothing was timed. We just shoot 2-3rds at a time as instructed at 3,5,and 7yrds. Easy peezy.
If it worries you, borrow a double stack to qualify with, but I don't think it will be an issue at all.

Take into account the seriousness of carrying a firearm and the consequences of ever having to use it. Good luck, be safe, and have fun!!

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
Double stack mags would make NO DIFFERENCE as they require you to load the required number of rounds and fire at each distance so that also equals it out for the revolver folks and demonstrates that you are familiar with the operation of your firearm.
However since they changed the law recently qualifying with a wheel gun no longer bars you from carrying either a wheel or a semi auto

Good luck with it

·
Registered
240 Posts
best of luck.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks everyone! Went shooting today see if dry fire and proper grip practice helps. It does.

Texas does have timed test. I am not too concerned since passing score looks a bit low, but then shooting during test could be different.

The first and second tests are 20'rounds each,
Thankfully, with 3 mags rebate I have 2 9rds which should cover most needs.

·
Registered
20 Posts
You won't have any problem with the XDS most of the test is in 5 round sets...only one 10 round set but you can use two mags

1 - 9 of 9 Posts