Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, new member here from Chattanooga. I am also the proud new owner of an XD9 sub compact in OD green. Here she is:

She's a real beauty, ain't she? I'm pretty new to handguns, but I had a good feeling about that pistol from when I first saw it. My dad gave me my first pistol this summer, a S&W Model 59 that he carried for a long time. I cleaned it up, took the state handgun safety course, fired her at the range, then applied for my carry permit.

While I was waiting from my hcp to come in, I got to thinking that while the 59 is a lot of fun to shoot at the range, it was a little too big for me to use as carry piece. I started looking into sub compact 9mm's and came across the XD and this forum. I read a bunch of posts here at xdtalk trying to find out the good and the bad about the XD line. Needless to say, I found out a lot of good things about the XD and didn't hear much negative at all. Plus, I couldn't get over how good that weapon looks in olive drab. I tried a black one on for size at a local shop, but I had to go online to find one in OD.

It didn't seem right getting an XD without an accessory for the rail. I've put about 300 rounds through her so far, and I've not had any regrets about my choice yet. The recoil is snappier with the XD than it is with the 59, but I guess that's to be expected. It's not too much of a difference and I feel like I get some good results at the range.

That's about it for my first post. Thanks to everybody who helped me make up my mind on this great pistol. - Kevin

·
Premium Member
20,508 Posts
welcome to the forums, i do like that OD green i got the last one they had so i didnt have a choice or i would have gotten that.

·
Premium Member
127,789 Posts
Welcome to the forum, Kevin.

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Welcome to the forum from CT.

·
Registered
2,432 Posts
Welcome from Indiana!

·
Registered
272 Posts
Welcome from FL :D

·
Premium Member
8,923 Posts
Welcome from UT!

·
Registered
182 Posts
Welcome to the forum from VA

·
Registered
4,849 Posts
Welcome from Minnesota!

·
Premium Member
784 Posts
Welcome Kevin. I like the XD9SC, that will be my next XD. I am carrying a XD45C right now and have never had any problems with it.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts