Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any ideas of where to get some cheaper .40 cal ammo? I live in St. Louis, and all I can find is Winchester FMJ 165/180gr. It's good ammo, but way too expensive to just shoot for fun. Anyone know where I can find some lead ball or wadcutter rounds for cheaper? Thanks!

·
Registered
7,273 Posts
Your asking for problems with cheap low quality ammo. I use winchester, umc, federal. $15 for 50 isn't bad.

·
Registered
447 Posts
I get the Federal redbox from Wally world as well. $15/box of 50 seems like a good deal to me. I try and buy 2 boxes each week and I try to shoot at least once a month. Last week I shot 400 rounds in one visit.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Cheapest place around me is wallyworld. Tend to buy Winchester 40 100rd for $33 this past Friday. Sounds like you guys are making out better than I am.

·
Registered
216 Posts
I'm with CountryBoyShooter, the cheapest I can find is Winchester 165gr. 100rd. for $33.

Any thoughts on buying bulk from LuckyGunner.com or similar sites?

The 1000 round military ballistic industry 40 cal ammo at 25.5 per bullet seems like a great deal to me. Getting some rave reviews too. I'm thinking about saving up a few hundred dollars that I get from sidejobs and picking up a thousand and seeing how they shoot.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The 1000 round military ballistic industry 40 cal ammo at 25.5 per bullet seems like a great deal to me. Getting some rave reviews too. I'm thinking about saving up a few hundred dollars that I get from sidejobs and picking up a thousand and seeing how they shoot.
Yeah, I was looking at those. I'm just not sure I'm ready to use reloads. I've had a glock blow up in my hands once before from reloads, and I'm not too eager for it to happen to me with my own gun. They have Remington that are about 33 cents per round, but that's about what I can get Winchesters for at Walmart, so it really wouldn't be worth it.

·
Premium Member
1,329 Posts
Any ideas of where to get some cheaper .40 cal ammo?
40 Caliber

$12.45 for 50 rounds, 165gr or 185gr, FMJ (once fired - factory reload)
$13.75 for 50 rounds, 165gr or 185gr, FMJ (New)

www.USAAMMO.com offers factory reloads. I use the 45ACP FMJ all the time and am very happy with it. Shoots reliable, clean, acurate, and best of all inexpensive! I have never had a single problem with battery, ejection, stovepipe, bad primer or any other failure. I use it for target and for my local gun club competition.

·
Registered
10 Posts
40 Caliber

www.USAAMMO.com offers factory reloads. I use the 45ACP FMJ all the time and am very happy with it. Shoots reliable, clean, acurate, and best of all inexpensive! I have never had a single problem with battery, ejection, stovepipe, bad primer or any other failure. I use it for target and for my local gun club competition.
I just purchased 350rds of this for .40 S&W. Looking forward to seeing how it functions. Thank you for the link.

·
Registered
892 Posts
40 Caliber

Best place I have found for ammo. Ordered 500 rounds of 223, not a single problem. Ordering some 40 & 45 in the next couple days.

·
Registered
22,574 Posts
If you shoot alot then start reloading.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Shoots just fine.. alittle dirty but works great. see my sig..

http://www.ammoengine.com/

i've been ordering from http://www.bulkammo.com/

1 - 14 of 14 Posts