Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm considering a few different holsters but have yet decided. In either case it seams I'll have at least a 30 day lead time.

Anybody know of a decent yet cheap tuckable IWB I can buy/use in the mean time?

I looked at the De Santis Tuck This II...it seams ok for $30.

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
5,354 Posts
Hey Toby...that Desantis is a pretty good option for the price. If you are just looking for something to use while you are waiting on another holster to arrive, I would just go to a local shop and pick up and Uncle Mike's or something.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey Toby...that Desantis is a pretty good option for the price. If you are just looking for something to use while you are waiting on another holster to arrive, I would just go to a local shop and pick up and Uncle Mike's or something.
I thought the same thing. I've looked at a few places but selection is slim. I really need a tuckable. Very rare that I can wear an untucked shirt and equally rare I can were a jacket/coat...except today...it's 11 degrees here. :shock:

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Get a Galco Underwrap bellyband they don't get any more tuckable. You will be surprised how many times you will use it even after you have a good holster.

·
Premium Member
8,923 Posts
IMO, don't skimp on the holster. I had a cheap IWB holster while my SuperTuck was being repaired and HATED it. It was just a simple single clip leather Bianchi. It did the job, but was not as comfortable.

Since it sounds like you will need to be tucking in clothing frequently, go with a good tuckable and save yourself the frustration. Last thing you want is to leave your gun at home because it's uncomfortable and need it.

·
Premium Member
418 Posts
High noon holsters. I have a split decision for my SIG and for an in stock and not expensive holster...it really does the ticket for me.

·
Premium Member
1,795 Posts
Another vote for the High Noon Split Decision. Works well for me and will definitely fill the bill until I can decide between Bullard's Dual Carry and the SuperTuck.

·
Premium Member
40 Posts
Try wrb sales he makes nylon products and has a tuckable holster i really like.. He is in gun barrell city texas

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
If you want cheap dofer IWB can't beat Uncle MIke's #15 fits XD9 just fine.

·
Premium Member
1,684 Posts
Order a Supertuck . . . you'll have it in less than a week. Then you can forget about a cheap interim holster, since it'll take you that long to figure out the cheap alternative anyhow. :)

·
Premium Member
1,684 Posts
Kholster It's similar to the Crossbreed but quite a bit cheaper. I got one for my XD9sc and I absolutely love it.
Very interesting, I hadn't heard of them before. You're right, they're very cheap unless you have an XDm . . . then the price jumps to $9,999.99!! (Think I'm kidding? Check it out.)

I wish they'd charge a little more so they could afford to have a website that you can read . . . blue text on a black background?? :confused:

Interesting, though.

·
Premium Member
7,343 Posts
I think I am going to give them a try...significantly cheaper than the other brand.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Kholster It's similar to the Crossbreed but quite a bit cheaper. I got one for my XD9sc and I absolutely love it.
I just checked out the KHolster website. Looked very interesting...then I noticed the link for "Kholster Party". They offer parties in the St. Louis area to build your own holster for $30. I live in St. Louis.

Be it my wife is always having purse parties, candle parties, Pampered Chef parties...I need to have a holster party for all my concealing buddies.

These holsters may not be the best but for $30 it's worth getting you buddies together for a holster party....am I wrong?

·
Registered
32 Posts
I have been wearing my Kholster for about 2 weeks now and it is very nice. I got it to use with the XD9sc but have been carrying the XDM in it for the last 3 days. It fits fine. I recomend this for a cheaper IWB tuckable holster.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I have a Kholster for both my XD45 and a SW 3914. Very comfortable and for $30.00 can't beat it.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Ditto, kholster here. Got their holiday special, $33.50 shipped. The leather backs the handle more than the crossbreed, and it can get caught by the grip when re-holstering the gun, but it's not hard to avoid it if you pay attention. You can always cut it to your liking as well. Other than that, it is very well made, and for $30 you can't go wrong.
-Thomas

edit: should also add it shipped immediately

·
Registered
65 Posts
Super fast shipping on the Kholster too. I ordered mine on Tue Dec 23rd and got it in California on Dec 26th. Not bad with the holiday and all. Very good customer service too as Jimmy emailed me with a question about my gun to make sure it was a perfect fit (which it was as SW has several different model changes). Just ordered one for my Beretta 92.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts