Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have experience with the cheap eBay tactical flashlights that have CREE bulbs? I was looking and some of them, but was curious if anyone has had experience with them. I found one with a CREE Q5 LED, all aluminum construction, o-ring seals, 2 CR123A batteries, 270 lumens. Sounds like a nice flashlight, especially for $20 shipped!

Any thoughts?

-Thomas

·
Premium Member
524 Posts
I, and some co-workers, have purchased lights at a fair price from GoldenGadgets.com. THey are nice to work with. They have a cool one now...650 lumens RC-T5: New Romisen 4 x CREE LED Combat Light GoldenGadgets.com I want but cant afford.

I would buy from them again. back to your question...I have one from GoldenGadgets with a CREE bulb and like it so far.

·
Registered
128 Posts
BessieBenny's Budget LED (DX/KD etc) Flashlights Review Roundup (Part 6) - CandlePowerForums

There's a user that buys a bunch of LED lights and tests results of them.
Personally I'd go with a 18650 light instead of 2cr123's. Longer life powerplant, buuuut

Romisen RC-F4 CREE Q5 with Forward Tactical Click Switch "Black"

I'd get that if I were you. It's the best in it's price range. Cree q5 emitter, which is 3 tier levels over the standard p4 that you get elsewhere. It also comes with a forward clicky which means a soft press will activate the light, instead of it activating when you let it go. Runs on 2cr123's. Get the Cr123's online, they're about $1.50 a piece. The Battery Station Lithium Lead NiMH NiCad Ion Batteries

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I ended up getting the DX UltraFire WF-502B with 5 mode. Got that with 2 18650 2400mah and a picatinny mount. $40 shipped, we'll see how it all does I spose.
-Thomas

·
Premium Member
20,508 Posts
wow that goldengadgets site has a lot of things i would like to buy on it. i better get not visit it again or ill spend money.

·
Premium Member
4,843 Posts
I ended up getting the DX UltraFire WF-502B with 5 mode. Got that with 2 18650 2400mah and a picatinny mount. $40 shipped, we'll see how it all does I spose.
-Thomas

Hey Thomas, where did you end up buying from?

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Those who buy from dealextreme.com refer to it as DX. I've noticed the gun community is strong on acronyms :)
-Thomas

·
Premium Member
4,843 Posts
Thanks and congrats!

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

might want to hold off until I get it though, I'm unsure if the 130mm length will allow the light to mount directly in line with the gun, because the trigger gaurd may interfere. If that fails (it was cheap anyway) I'll get the olight gun mount attachment, which offsets it. Here's a pic of the Olight:

-Thomas

·
Registered
246 Posts

might want to hold off until I get it though, I'm unsure if the 130mm length will allow the light to mount directly in line with the gun, because the trigger gaurd may interfere. If that fails (it was cheap anyway) I'll get the olight gun mount attachment, which offsets it. Here's a pic of the Olight:

-Thomas
Did you happen to receive this yet? any pics? It appears to be exactly what I need.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I haven't, but the one I ordered is in line with the barrel. The one pictured is my alternative in case the one I got doesn't work. Should be receiving it sometime this week I hope.
-Thomas

·
Registered
294 Posts
I have bought two of these lights....very good quality, value for $$$

FenixGear L Series

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
thanks for the heads up. I watched a few videos on youtube comparing them to top-quality lights and for the money I don't think I'll be disappointed. I'll be sure to let everyone know what it turns out like.
-Thomas

·
Registered
246 Posts
thanks for the heads up. I watched a few videos on youtube comparing them to top-quality lights and for the money I don't think I'll be disappointed. I'll be sure to let everyone know what it turns out like.
-Thomas
Check out the Romisen brand. They have been my favorite from DX. The RC-F4 is VERY bright and has decent throw as well....all for $15 shipped. To the naked eye its not THAT far below my Fenix P3D (rated at 215 lumens on turbo) in regards to output.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Picked them up from USPS on my way to work this morning. The batteries come fully charged, which is nice. This thing is BRIGHT for 18 bucks! Holy cow! If I shine it on my desk the beam on the desk surface is blinding. I took it back in to the warehouse and I could see clear across the room. The strobe is very hindering to whoever it's pointed at (used a few co-workers as my subjects lol) and for the money spent I couldn't be any happier. I'll take a few pics, but the only thing I have to compare to is my mini mag with LED conversion, which has NOTHING on this WF-502B.

Also, during the daytime, the beam is as bright as the TLR-2 I looked at when I was at the gun shop last week.

They also make a XR-E Q5 emitter drop-in module for this light that could make it even brighter, but I hear they run hot in a cheap housing. This one has an R2 emitter and doesn't get warm at all.

-Thomas

·
Registered
989 Posts
Great would love to see pics, with the mount also. Have fun. A great light is a great toy and very useful. My daughter loves to strobe mine in the car at night, 215 lumems stobing in a car is a sight......:grin:

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I didn't get a chance to take pics. The mount does not fit the XD. I bought a different one online and we'll see if that fits. Then I'll take pics. Trying to do this cheap and having to buy multiple mounts is not working out lol.
-Thomas

1 - 20 of 29 Posts