Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wondering where to get cheap magazines for an xdm-45, preferably an extended one and a sleeve. I honestly don’t care about function with this, as long as it’s about the same size as factory and locks into the firearm and doesn’t fall out. Planning on using it for dry fire training/laser training. Gonna take it apart and put wheel weights in it to mimic a loaded mag, and don’t really feel like spending 35-40 bucks for a factory one that will work absolutely fine assembled. Figure some company that has questionable reliability and is cheap would work perfectly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
124 Posts
While not inexpensive XD magazines are reasonably priced, even new. Typically the off-brand will only save you ~$3-5. So ...is that really worth it?

For less expensive magazines I search Guns For Sale | Buy Guns Online | GunBroker.com from time to time, with some success, and in doing this patience pays – I have purchased many used magazines saving 30 to 40%, even with shipping charges.

Here is my GB search for you: XDM 45 magazine For Sale – Buy XDM 45 magazine at GunBroker.com

Good Luck !

·
Registered
16 Posts
ProMag is a brand that is cheaper and not known for quality.
You might put an ad in the classifieds here, and visit local pawn shops and gun shops to see if they have any questionable mags laying around that you could use.
Check Aimsurplus too. They sometimes sell used LEO mags that are actually very good factory mags, often at $9.99 each.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well thanks for the help guys. Found pro mags on gun mag warehouse like suggested, but as abstraction_leader had said not a ton cheaper than factory. Guess I was figuring it would be like car parts, and junk aftermarket stuff would be a lot cheaper. Guess I’ll check pawn shops and stuff, or just buy a factory one for the small price difference

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts