Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
12,197 Posts

·
Registered
12,197 Posts
Yeah, I spoke to him today and it'll take a couple weeks to get my order. I'll definately check that site you linked. Is their turn around fast?
I've not ordered from kead, just heard that he runs more than several weeks behind. I've only ordered once form TA & they were prompt.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Avoid Kead bullets. Check out the threads on The High Road and you'll see that he's more than a few weeks behind on delivery. Some of the people have waited months, had numerous promises broken, and never received a thing. Kead Bullets - THR

Missouri Bullet mentioned above offers a great product and ships quickly. Dardas Cast bullets also has a much better reputation than Kead, as well as a first class product. Dardas Cast Bullets |

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
Ordered from Missouri Bullet Company a few days ago. Shipped right away. I'll load some up this weekend and try them out, but you can't beat the price for practice ammo.

·
Registered
12,197 Posts
Ordered from Missouri Bullet Company a few days ago. Shipped right away. I'll load some up this weekend and try them out, but you can't beat the price for practice ammo.
I have heard good things about MB, but you can beat the price by $10 by ordering from TA.:roll:

·
Registered
8,970 Posts
If you want a great lead bullet, give these guys a try!

Prices and service are great, and they have product in stock 95% of the time. $13 flat fee shipping for 70# worth of bullets.

S&S Casting : Home

This is my favorite 9mm bullet now: S&S Casting : 9MM 147 Gr FP

Just 9mm/147gr is only $48/1000 at S&S Castings. That is $8 less per 1000 than Missouri Bullet Company. :D

Give them a try. You will never go back to another brand bullet. ;)

OS

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
If you want a great lead bullet, give these guys a try!

Prices and service are great, and they have product in stock 95% of the time. $13 flat fee shipping for 70# worth of bullets.

S&S Casting : Home

This is my favorite 9mm bullet now: S&S Casting : 9MM 147 Gr FP

Just 9mm/147gr is only $48/1000 at S&S Castings. That is $8 less per 1000 than Missouri Bullet Company. :D

Give them a try. You will never go back to another brand bullet. ;)

OS

What are you loading the 147gr at? I have some that I haven't found a good load for yet.

·
Registered
2,642 Posts
do what my dad does, i bring him home 6 gallon buckets full of wheel weights and he melts them down, and molds them into bullets

·
Registered
12,197 Posts
do what my dad does, i bring him home 6 gallon buckets full of wheel weights and he melts them down, and molds them into bullets
Casting is a great way to shoot cheap, but it's harder to find free or cheap WW today. SOme guys are paying $50/5gal bucet, about $100 of usable metal. That's .50c/#=$15/1000 200gr bullets+ lube & elec.. That's cheap, but it takes an 8hr day to cast & lube 1000 bullets. If yo uhave the time & inclination, worth it for some. I still cast a bit, but don't mind paying $70/1000 deliverd for my 45s either.

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
Always looked like a slow process to me. I had to get a casefeeder for my reloader the way it is now. I just don't have enough time to get into casting.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
I picked up 2000 40's from Kead earlier this year.

Very slow responding to emails, but I did get my order in a few weeks and will probably order from him again.

I wouldn't order from him if you are in a hurry though!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts