Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for an inexpensive laser (under $60) for my XD-40 Tactical. I've seen some of the trigger guard mounted lasers on ebay for under $30.....but I would like one that mounts on the picatinny accessory rail on my XD. I've also seen some lasers on ebay that will mount to the picatinny rail for around $30....but it doesn't look like that can be adjusted for windage/elavation like the trigger guard models. Does anyone know where I can get a laser that will mount on my accessory rail that I can adjust AND is under $60?

Here are some that I found on ebay.

Trigger guard mount (adjustable)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=7307&item=7122668511&rd=1

Picatiny Rail mount (non-adjustable)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=36258&item=7123380504&rd=1

·
Registered
688 Posts

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
I have one of those cheap ones. It looks good but the laser is not centered inside the housing because it does not line up when looking down my sights After attaching it I had to turn the houseing to get it centered inline with my sights.

Basically I got what I paid for .... I found it for like $17 on ebay shipped from China. Since I dont have a holster where I can leave it attached after getting it sighted I use it to play with the cat. Unless you have a holster that will allow you to leave the laser mounted I would say dont get a cheap one. If it is going to be your house gun( gun that is stashed between the mattress, on the nightstand or in a drawer it will work out great.

Eventually I hope to be able to get an expensive one. (Sorry $100+ for a laser or a flashlight is kinda high dollar to me)

·
Registered
29 Posts
Generally, lasers are looked down upon as a gimmick toy. A good tac light it often better when aiming in a low light envroment, and more useful to boot, at least in airsoft cqb. The critical weakness in such weapon mounted do-dads is that they give away your position, and tell everyone else exaclty where your're aiming.

·
Registered
181 Posts
captdecoy said:
Generally, lasers are looked down upon as a gimmick toy. A good tac light it often better when aiming in a low light envroment, and more useful to boot, at least in airsoft cqb. The critical weakness in such weapon mounted do-dads is that they give away your position, and tell everyone else exaclty where your're aiming.
The two have different uses.

A tac light is used for identifying your target in low light conditions and the laser is used for aiming your gun when conditions don't allow perfect eye to steel sight alignment. The laser will not give your position away anymore than a tac light if used properly.

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Maybe Old School is in a good mood???

·
Registered
1 Posts
pistol gear has a Tru-Glo laser thats mounts on the rail for $39 but will not be in stock till March 31.I am thinking of getting one myself :lol:

·
Registered
885 Posts
Jackman said:
pistol gear has a Tru-Glo laser thats mounts on the rail for $39 but will not be in stock till March 31.I am thinking of getting one myself :lol:
Good call! It has adjustments for windage & elevation.
Here's the link!

·
Registered
5,705 Posts
I noted the description for the Tru-glo said one handed operation for the on/off switch; is that ambidextrous like the laserlyte or righthanded only? Thanks.

Old School, I want the Tru-glo (depending whether it fits the 9mm subbie, do I order it now or wait to you confirm you have it or what? I know laserlyte doesn't fit on the SC and I'd hate to lose out buying the Tru-glo while waiting to find out if it fits, cause it sounds like a lot of people want to get it. What a conundrum huh? :?

·
Registered
8,973 Posts
As soon as they arrive, we will install it on the XDSC to see how it works. As of Friday, TRUGLO was still tyring to work on the final details with the packaging, due to ship towards the end of the month. I will keep you guys posted, as things become more clear.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts