Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
=New here gents....

Thanks for all the greatest of help in deciding on my first .45 in the XDm...
Now I need some good bulk ammo deals...

Range as well as SD...

Need to put a large amount of both through the weapon to feel confident on this highly praised bad boy...

From what I've read - Winchester Ranger T's seem to be well liked,

Tula for range...? not a huge fan of the russian ammo but ???

Other suggestions and links always welcome

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
WWB and PDX1

Welcome from IL!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice...

Thanks Milhouse - gunna jump in the car and head to Wally World :D

Much Obliged

Any Other Suggestions and links are certainly welcome...

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Arggghh Grabbed 500rds of the WWB, but to no avail, my Wally carries no PDX1, just the FMJ - which was out of stock.... Oh well, at least I got some range time goodness for the time being...

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
I would not worry about it too much. WWB will serve your needs till you get some SD rounds. They may not be high quality but they will still get the job done in a pinch.

When SHTF the best ammo is the one in the gun.

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
IT will feed anything you can buy and put in the chamber. I love ranger t's, I also have Hornady Tap and winchester silvertips loaded in mags. Buy a few boxes, see which one your gun likes. All guns are different one xd might love one and another xd hate it. Good luck!

·
Registered
154 Posts
I started with Federal from Wal-Mart. Now I have PDX1 for SD and personal reloads for the range/plinking.

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
For range stuff i like what ever is new, and has brass cases, S&B has fed quite well in everything i've shot it in, same with federal.

as far as SD ammo (in 9mm) i'm using DPX, however its $$$ and given the choice between Corbon DPX (115 gr) and Win PDX (124 gr) i'd get the PDX for its cost.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts