Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I went to my first gun show in hopes of not only seeing some sweet guns but also finding a good deal on some ammo. But I was let down by the price of the ammo that they had. Every booth that I went to they seemed to be priced higher. I am better off just going to Walmart and getting it there. Does anyone have any suggestions?

·
Registered
107 Posts
Unfortunately, Wal Mart is about the only decent deal around for range ammo unless you buy in large bulk quantities. I've never had much luck with factory new ammo prices at gun shows. Reloads tend to be okay, price wise though.

·
Registered
413 Posts
LuckyGunner

·
Registered
818 Posts
I'm hating the prices so much I'm trying to get into the reloading group...but still getting the funds for a nice progressive reloader

·
Registered
538 Posts
I've been using BulkAmmo.com, they are a site sponsor, and you can find some decent deals. I got a 1000 round box of S&B during one of their sales, great buy for some bulk.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I got a box of winchester FMJ 100 rounds for $33 at Walmart. It seems to be the best price so far. I dont want to spend a ton of money on range ammo.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I got a box of winchester FMJ 100 rounds for $33 at Walmart. It seems to be the best price so far. I dont want to spend a ton of money on range ammo.
Yep. My local Wally World has Tula .40 S&W for $ 12.47 50rds. It's hard to beat that price unless you order in large quantities and still, shipping is what kills you.

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
I wouldn't trust any Gun Show ammo.
Tula is Steel Cased (which shouldn't be an issue with a Croatian pistol) and runs dirtier than other brands.
Winchester 100 Round Value Packs are decent.
Federal is starting to put out 100 Round "Value Packs" now and at my WalMart, they're less expensive than the Winchester Value Packs.

·
Registered
7,507 Posts
usaammo.com

best price on practice ammo I've found. Cheaper in brass than Tula in steel.

·
Registered
4,813 Posts
USAAmmo.com has been good for me......
Also, Palmetto State Armory (sponsor here), will 2nd BulkAmmo.com, also surplusammo.com
oh yeah.... also: Georgia Arms

I haven't bought anything from Georgia Arms, but since I go through that town on a regular basis, will pick some up next time around and see how that ammo is.

Those seem to be the best bet. If you buy 500 rounds or more, even with shipping it seems to come in cheaper than the best deals at Wally world, especially after tax.

Never had any good results at a gun show.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I wouldn't trust any Gun Show ammo.
Tula is Steel Cased (which shouldn't be an issue with a Croatian pistol) and runs dirtier than other brands.
Winchester 100 Round Value Packs are decent.
Federal is starting to put out 100 Round "Value Packs" now and at my WalMart, they're less expensive than the Winchester Value Packs.
I know plenty of people who have put thousands of rounds of Tula through their XDs and never had a problem. And from my own personal experience, it doesn't shoot any dirtier than WWB.

·
Registered
7,507 Posts
I know plenty of people who have put thousands of rounds of Tula through their XDs and never had a problem. And from my own personal experience, it doesn't shoot any dirtier than WWB.

Very true. But, I have had a box that wouldn't feed reliably. the cases were sticking. Just the one box, but it had a 1:10 fail to feed rate which is astronomical considering the gun eats everything else like candy.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts