Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am about to come into possession of a Charter Arms Bulldog and was wondering if any of you have any experience with one.

I do know that they are rather light for the chambering, but is there anything else I may need to know? The folks around here that have them won't hardly get rid of them for anything so there must be something good about them right?

I don't know what I plan to do with it. It is intended to be trade fodder, but we'll see how that goes.

Any info will be appreciated.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've pretty much got my bases covered as far as truck guns and the like. I am trading an old single shot rifle I bought my daughter years ago for it. My thoughts on the trade are that a larger bore revolver is going to be easier to turn into something I want than a break action rifle. What I really would like to do is trade it for something a little smaller for my daughter to take when she moves out on her own. She shoots with my wife and I every time we go and loves to burn powder. My thoughts are to take this pistol and trade it for something a little smaller for her. She is going to be going out on her own soon, and she is going to take a weapon with her. I want her to be able to get as familiar as possible with one before she moves out from under my watch. And also, since I'm trading her rifle with her permission whatever we wind up with will have to be for her.LOL!

·
Registered
19,924 Posts
I think it just kinda depends on when they were made. I'm wanting to say there were certain periods where quality was slipping with them.

.44 Special is an excellent round though.

The recoil is pretty modest on them too.

What's the rifle you're going to trade?

http://thefiringline.com/forums/archive/index.php?t-427068.html

gives a little info on the time frames.

if it's a pretty new pistol it should be ok.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
As fas as I can tell it's one of the earliest models, it was made in the Bridgeport plant. It appears to be well made, the action is nice and tight. The 44 special wouldn't be that bad for me, but for a wispy girl it may be overwhelming.

I traded a NEF Handi Rifle in. 243 for it even. It was a rifle that never got used so I think I came out to the good.

·
Registered
786 Posts
i had one like that lost it to a cop in upstate NY in 1978 if you want to sell let me know.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts