Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You never know when you are going to come across something related to firearms. I found myself in the Museum of Idaho, where they were exhibiting an English collection of Charles Darwin items. Among them, Mr. Darwin had taken the advice of the captain of the HMS Beagle and outfitted himself with a pair of pistols. The Hoodah looks to be refurbished, percussion, and about .50 cal.
IMG_2906.JPG
IMG_2907.JPG

·
Registered
249 Posts
"In India, it was considered sporting in the nineteenth century to shoot tigers from atop elephants with rifles."

"In Texas, it was considered sporting in the twenty-first century to shoot hogs from inside helicopters with rifles."

(not intended to be any type of commentary on what is or isn't "sporting", was just thinking about how weird that sentence was and it occurred to me that taking your Gucci AR hog hunting from a heli is a bit of a modern analogue)

·
Registered
29,564 Posts
There’s a modern version of it in .45Colt/.410 being made...

I want one.

And a buddy has a real-deal Howdah pistol from “back in the day” as well...

·
Registered
7,362 Posts
"In India, it was considered sporting in the nineteenth century to shoot tigers from atop elephants with rifles."

"In Texas, it was considered sporting in the twenty-first century to shoot hogs from inside helicopters with rifles."

(not intended to be any type of commentary on what is or isn't "sporting", was just thinking about how weird that sentence was and it occurred to me that taking your Gucci AR hog hunting from a heli is a bit of a modern analogue)
Wanta go
I can hook ya up
600/hr plus you supply gun and ammo.
All the hogs you can shoot.
Dont even have to pick um up.

Tis quit fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9,454 Posts
I saw the first quoted text in the pics, the bit about tigers.

Where'd the second quoted text come from?

Hog hunting from helos is generally done out of necessity in the name of pest control. I suppose there are some who enjoy it, but I don't think that it is widely considered "sporting".

Now, a Huey w twin 60s...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts