Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody have, had, or used one??? For only $220 at Big 5 I'm considering buying one this weekend. Sole purpose is HD use. I would prefer an 870 or 500 but I'm curious about this "cheaper" brand's reliability :?::?:

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
I've never shot or known anybody that has a CD. I do know that the President of the company is a forum member and a regular poster at m1911.org. He says the company will do what it takes to make sure that their weapons function reliably!!! Pretty dang good customer service if you ask me. Anyway my $.02.

·
Registered
5,609 Posts
I've never had any experience first hand with their long guns, but the CD handguns I've shot have all been reliable and accurate. At that price, it's definitely something to consider picking up. I've been putting off buying a defensive shotgun. Come tax time I may have to pick one up.

·
Premium Member
4,949 Posts
I can't tell you much about CD, but before you buy I would decide what modifications you want to make, if any. For instance, if you want to add a magazine extension check to make sure they are readily available. The great thing about the Remmy's and mossys, other than their reliability, is that aftermarket parts can be found anywhere.

·
Registered
291 Posts
I have had one for several years ...keep it for home defense these are much better shotguns then people know...they are a very good value, and they shoot pretty good too

·
Registered
4,350 Posts
I paid $25 more for a Benelli NOVA Tac and would look hard at one before buying the CD, My Benelli will stack slug after slug at 60 yds I'm doubting that you will see that kind of performance from the CD.

·
Registered
479 Posts
My brother owns a Charles Daly semi-auto 12 gauge that he uses for bird hunting. As far as I know he has never had a problem with it. I do not know the model, but I do know that he got it at Wal-Mart

·
Premium Member
330 Posts
The owners over on the CD forum seem to like'm...and next year CD is coming out with some kewl accessories.
I'm shop'n for a 870 HD but if the CD price is better then one of those CD tacs may be my choice.

·
Registered
837 Posts
I paid $25 more for a Benelli NOVA Tac and would look hard at one before buying the CD, My Benelli will stack slug after slug at 60 yds I'm doubting that you will see that kind of performance from the CD.
Wow, you got a great deal on that Benelli...they are $420 at Cabelas! You are right that's a great gun!

As for the Charles Daly you may want to try CDNN. I'm not sure if it's the tactical, but they had one for under $200.

·
Registered
140 Posts
My dad has a CD 12ga pump which I have shot a zillion times.. I think it is a great gun. It is reliable, it shoots, it doesn't rust, easy to clean- pretty much everything you can ask of a 12ga pump.

Looking at it I would say its a clone of an 870 so some accesories will likely fit- but don't quote me on that.

Oh just a warning.. It kicks like a friggin mule. I am afraid to shoot a slug through it for that reason alone.

·
Registered
1 Posts
its nice.... I had an issue ejecting spent cartridges. i think that was mainly due to me taking it apart without much knowledge. i just sent it to manufacturer they picked it up for free. Freakin ground mail sucks. Fine firearm huge kickback. i heard the mossberg 500 accessories fit...

·
Registered
80 Posts
I bought a CD special purpose field tactical about a month and a half ago. Love it! Shoots great and eats anything I feed it. Not a lot of aftermarket stuff available for it, but if I need to bolt a bunch of stuff to a gun, I have an AR.
Good luck picking something, there are so many shotguns to choose from.

B

1 - 12 of 12 Posts