Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was wondering how many ranges charge by the hour. when i started going to the range i found a range about 30min away from home that had great workers but charged by the hour. Then after gas prices went up started going to a range closer to home which doesn't charge by the hour, but however long it takes to get off all your rounds. Two more visit get free range visit!!!:p

·
Premium Member
127,411 Posts
All the ranges within my drive zone are private so it's a moot point. And, yes, I belong to all four.

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
75 bucks for a couples membership here. Just have to buy there ammo

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
75 bucks for a couples membership here.
We are paying $14.00 (+tax) per hour per lane here. My wife and I usually pay around $60 per range visit!!! :evil: The closest annual membership range is about 40 minutes away and they charge $100/person IIRC but maybe we should do that instead.

My in-laws have a $75/year membership and can take 2 guests per range visit but they are wayyyy down south.

·
Registered
18,141 Posts
mine is clear on the other side of the next county but I have had nothing but good experiences there.

I think its 6 or 7 bucks per hour.

·
Registered
786 Posts
range here about $18 an hour membership $200 year for indoor out door is $10 per gun per person which when my son and I go with 3 guns

·
Registered
5,719 Posts
my favorite: Ben Avery Arizona Shooting Range Facility

$7 per visit, stay as long as you want that day
buy ten passes for $70, get 11th free

some people complain that the staff and volunteers are too strict - but I think they can't be too strict at a public range

can be crowded on weekends, and that is when the muzzle sweepers come out - so I prefer to go weekdays if I can take some time off work, or weeknights (not open Monday Tuesday)

·
Registered
403 Posts
The ranges around here charge by the lane if you're not a member (or the right level of membership) and there are no lane use fees for members. You can stay as long as you want. I usually fire around four boxes and take around a couple hours each time.

·
Registered
673 Posts
One of the great things about Ohio is that our Department of Natural resources operates dozens of archery, shotgun, and pistol/rifle ranges in state parks. Shotgun ranges (pretty much just a field with a fence) are free, bring your own clays and thrower. Archery I believe is the same way. Pistol and rifle ranges require an annual permit or a day pass, $24 or $5 respectively.

They're not fancy, a slab with an awning and a bench facing the berm at 50ft, 50yds, and 100yds, but you can't beat the prices, and I've never had a problem with "muzzle sweepers" or mall ninjas, mainly because nobody knows the ranges exist. No time limits. No ammo restrictions (other than law.) I usually do a box worth of drills with the XD, then spend a lot of quality time with my .22 SAA and boltie, so call it $25 for a 4-5 hour range trip. Can't beat it

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
I'm in the Chicago area. My local range is $18/hr, but they let you double/triple tap, rapid fire, etc, and they have a rifle range (indoor) too. 75 foot ranges. Good prices on ammo (factory, not reloaded), rent as many guns as you want for $10, just gotta buy ammo. That includes rifles, I've rented ar15. Oh and you can also shoot shotguns on the rifle range.

·
Registered
204 Posts
usery pass shooting range $7.00 no tme limit.about 35 minuts from home.outdoor range.most indoor ranges charge by the hour due to limited space.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Boy I feel like I'm getting off cheap. I pay $12.50 for as long as I want. If I have a range partner, it goes to $20 total. The air filtration works great, it's air-conditioned, I can shoot buck shot, and I can shoot rifle.

·
Registered
447 Posts
There are a few ranges in my area.

2 are indoor. One charges $10 per 1/2 hour or $8 per 1/2 if you buy their ammo. The other is $15 per visit. Doesn't matter if its 1 hour or 4 hours.

There are 2 outdoor ranges. The one closest to me is $10 per visit or $50 per year. The other I have not been to yet is $2.50 per 1/2 hour.

·
Registered
62 Posts
my shop is $10 per person per day....dont have to buy our ammo you can bring your own...except through rentals those have to have our ammo

$9 per day to rent a hang gun
$14 per day to rent a rifle
$25 per day to rent a NFA class 3 item

we also have a pass that is 10 prepaid visits for $75 and after the last visit you get a free gun cleaning from our gunsmith

LADIES, at my shop you shoot for $5 all day long on mondays

SENIORS (50+), you shoot for $5 from 10am-1pm monday - friday

·
Registered
480 Posts
My local range has a basic annual membership of $35.
$10/ hour
Must buy ammo from them
$8 to bring a friend
$5 to ren a gun

You can upgrade your annual membership for $195.
$0/ hour (unlimited use)
You can bring your own ammo
$4 to bring a friend
$0 to rent a gun

·
Registered
10,955 Posts
I'm lucky enough to have a FIsh & Game club 1/2 mile down the road from me. $30.00 a year flat fee, all outdoors with a stocked fishing pond and club house to boot. Think of it as a VFW with a shooting range and fishing pond out back.

·
Registered
163 Posts
$6.00/hr at a outdoor first class range. 7yrds-300yrds Plus skeet. If you want to test reloads, they will let you go in for free for the first 15min. $3.00 every 1/2 hour after that.

·
Registered
7,273 Posts
The range I was going to was $10all day. Indoors. Bring ammo our buy it there.

Now it is a leo training range. No civvies allowed. Haven't been to any others in town.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I go to Gander Mountain Academy here in Lake Mary (Orlando, FL). It's $25/hour but that includes FREE targets. They let you rapid fire (double/triple tap), you can share the lane, but only one person forward in the lane at a time. Lanes are 51 or 52 feet and they do allow rifles.

The real bad-ass part is the Virtual Ranges. For $25/30 minutes they have Virtual Lanes where you can shoot a gas/laser retrofitted Glock pistol or a gas/laser AR-15:

Then for $40/40 minutes (but no ammo cost!) there is the 180 degree, 3 screen target range where they throw up many different target variations:

And at $45/30 minutes (again, no ammo costs!), the creme-De-la-creme is the FIVE screen 300 Degree scenario simulator:

Here, you can do the target simulations OR you can opt for the real action scenarios. Things like a raving lunatic with a knife pacing and muttering in a parking lot, several youthful miscreants hanging out by your vehicle with a crowbar in a parking garage, a room full of doors that people burst threw holding knives, guns, cell phones and babies... Just good clean fun!!! If you pay a bit extra, the Gander RSO's will critique your performances complete with a computer analysis of shot placement, timing, technique and strategies. Awesome stuff!

1 - 20 of 40 Posts