Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a XDm 4.5" 9mm for my 21st B-Day and I love it but my wife finds the gips a wee bit big. I have been trying to swap the back strap for a bit now and I can't seem to figure it out. I looked at the manual and it calls for some kind of punch or something, anyone know what may work to remove the pin?

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Also find a book that is an inch thick or larger with holes like a three ring binder.
Line up the butt of you XDM where the pin will go into one of the holes, that way you have provided good support all around the impact area and this will allow less force to move the pin.

·
Registered
4,401 Posts
And don't be afraid to beat the living hell out of it! It's in there tight!

·
Registered
7,507 Posts
I put the frame on my leg and whack the snickers out of it to get that pin to move. Once you realize it needs a manly application of brute force, it's simple.

·
Registered
678 Posts
With the right punch, I managed to get my pin out just by pushing down on it really, really hard. It was tight, but it worked. I prefer not to hammer on my guns unless I have to!

·
Registered
85 Posts
Im pretty sure you won't hurt it, just make sure its supported. A punch and a 2x4 work good at the range. Unless you want to carry a hammer along with you. Its nice to be able to change them at the range while you are trying to figure out which one works best.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts