Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if you can just take the slide(with barrel, spring, etc) off a XD serivce pistol and slide on the slide(with barrel, spring, etc) of a XD tactical pistol?

·
Premium Member
23,655 Posts
hello there

·
Registered
7,687 Posts
Does anyone know if you can just take the slide(with barrel, spring, etc) off a XD serivce pistol and slide on the slide(with barrel, spring, etc) of a XD tactical pistol?
All of the non .45ACP Compact, Service, and Tactical grip frames are the same (4" & 5" barrels). The SubCompact frame is smaller as far as I know (3").

You cannot however buy a slide assembly seperately from Springfield no matter what. You will end up buying two guns which negates your question. The only option is to find someone that is willing to trade with you the components you want to change or buy two guns, and then you can change between as you want.

·
Registered
4,497 Posts
Welcome aboard...:)

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
3,765 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum from Northern California!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Thanks for all the welcomes. I'm from georgia and I shoot in action pistol. Havn't shot my XD in a match yet but the third saturday in semptember can't get here fast enough. I also tried to fit my friend's tactical slide on my service and it does work.

·
Premium Member
16,428 Posts
Thanks for all the welcomes. I'm from georgia and I shoot in action pistol. Havn't shot my XD in a match yet but the third saturday in semptember can't get here fast enough. I also tried to fit my friend's tactical slide on my service and it does work.
The slide will fit some just a little "fitting" to get them to go on.

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Welcome from Iowa

·
Registered
753 Posts
Howdy from South-Eastern NC

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

1 - 15 of 15 Posts