Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Black powder .44 Colt Navy
Sure my Colt 357 and S&W 44 mags are fun to shoot, but so are these.
I haven't shot this thing in a few years. Decided to knock the dust off and give it a whirl. So much fun to load and shoot. So much bang and so much smoke lol. Its also refreshing to load with all components that are readily available at just about any sporting goods stores. Not just LGS.

Sure we all like the latest brushed nickel high power bear stoppers, but give this a chance for a change of pace and relief on the wallet :cool:.

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
That looks like fun, and good shooting too!

·
Premium Member
3,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks TD. Just have to hold low right to hit any kind of bulleye LMAO

·
Registered
10,949 Posts
Very nice. Pretty cool how you actually label your targets. I just blast away.

·
Premium Member
3,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It's nit an actual Colt I assume. Repro?
Yes a repro. 90% of the current market are Italian made.
I like to keep records of what I shoot. Great to look back on when you change loads, etc.

·
Registered
3,105 Posts
Really sweet 3S...A buddy and I were talking about getting a couple of black powder revolvers...love the Navy Colt..Looks like a lot of fun...

·
Registered
5,287 Posts
Black powder .44 Colt Navy
Sure my Colt 357 and S&W 44 mags are fun to shoot, but so are these.
I haven't shot this thing in a few years. Decided to knock the dust off and give it a whirl. So much fun to load and shoot. So much bang and so much smoke lol. Its also refreshing to load with all components that are readily available at just about any sporting goods stores. Not just LGS.

Sure we all like the latest brushed nickel high power bear stoppers, but give this a chance for a change of pace and relief on the wallet :cool:.
I've got the exact same gun. I think the Colt 1851 Navy is just a classic looking old west gun. I call it my Outlaw Josey Whales gun. :lol: Very cool gun.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts