Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Is the chamber indicator giving you any problem? I sent my slide to have it refinished, and the guy who is doing it told me that the chamber indicator was lighty bent, Is that possible, I did not notice that before, and haven´t had any problems with the gun before.
Do you know where can I get one....?

·
Premium Member
3,006 Posts
Is the chamber indicator giving you any problem? I sent my slide to have it refinished, and the guy who is doing it told me that the chamber indicator was lighty bended, Is that possible, I did not notice that before, and haven´t had any problems with the gun before.
Do you know where can I get one....?
Call Springfield, they will probably send you one for free.

·
Premium Member
3,006 Posts
You mean bent?

·
Registered
178 Posts
My 45acp tactical's indicator was sticking in the loaded position after it's 500rnd break in. I pulled it apart and cleaned all the gunk that had accumulated on it, under it and around it, reassembled and it works fine now. After seeing the assembly I can't hardly imagine how it would get bent.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I can't imagine how it would get bent without a lot of force on it. I would rather think it needs cleaned well, or the guy that is refinishing it messed something up. I would want to see the slide and indicator before I did anything else to verify for myself.

·
Registered
5,752 Posts
you might be able to bend it with a punch and a hammer but dang . i cant think of one way for that to happen on accident.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I straightened things up with him.....it is not the loaded chamber indicator, it is the striker indicator.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Even the striker indicator would not bend on its own through normal use. That guy had to have done it.

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
Maybe the thing isn't even bent and he's just trying to exploit more money out of his customer. :lol:

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I do not know exactly what or how it happened I'm not a gunsmith but it sounded weird to me too,the gun is three months old, how it happened????.........is he making it ?...but yesterday after 20 days and nothing done on the gun I told him to send me the gun back and refund the money..:confused:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts