Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought the bitone xdm. Afterward, I wished I had bought the all black one. So, I decided to cerekote it black. Then I started looking at colors. I think I want the frame to stay black and the slide to be colored. So help me out. Coyote tan, dark earth, or o.d.? Please let me know what you think.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Sniper grey is nice. I did like the black and grey combo. My friend does cerakote. So it's free for me. I'm afraid to coat the frame because its stippled and I don't know how well it would adhere. I might try it.

·
Premium Member
17,523 Posts
Welcome to the forum Thekrow..

I don't care for earth tones, but you do whatever suits you.
Black would be nice.

But I like bitones, so what do I know...;)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i thought that same thing about the cerakote not sticking to the frame as well as it might to the slide, but there was this one post about a guy doing duracoat (less durable than cerakote) to both his slide and frame.

its a recent post so search for something like "there goes the duracoat". he coated both slide and frame. once gun cleaner accidentally hit the slide and frame it was the coating on the slide that "melted" away. the coating on his frame stayed intact.

IF I AM NOT MISTAKEN
Yeah. I read that one. After extensive reading. Im sure cerakote is far better than duracoat. I hope. Lol.

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
I did sniper grey on my xd 45

I am going to do my xdm 40 in a urban digi camo soon, armor black, battle ship grey and something else. plan on doing my pt1911 when it comes in this week too.

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
OH and cerakote will stick to anything. It is a baked on finish. The guys that does my guns did the grill of his hummer and a lamp that his wife wanted black and all kinds of other stuff. But it will deff stick to your frame!

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
now tell me that does not look awesome. its a subtle contrast without being too obnoxious.

for me i don't want my pistola looking so "out there". but with the sniper grey you would have to look closely to appreciate the contrast.
I did my 870 in it too, I will try to remember to do pics when I get home

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts