Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to decide between a new Century AK or a lightly used WASR which would be about $100 cheaper.

Neither one appears to have any cant that is visible to me. Also, the Century has the G2 trigger stamp.

I am still learning about AKs, so any help would be good. One of my church buddies said he'd show me how everything works once I get one.

·
Registered
2,712 Posts
I am trying to decide between a new Century AK or a lightly used WASR which would be about $100 cheaper.

Neither one appears to have any cant that is visible to me. Also, the Century has the G2 trigger stamp.

I am still learning about AKs, so any help would be good. One of my church buddies said he'd show me how everything works once I get one.
You'll need to be a bit more specific.

A WASR is a Century AK.

·
Registered
31,246 Posts
Is the WASR 10/63 any better than the earlier offered WASR AKs?

Do they have the canted sights/gas tubes and trigger slap of earlier Romo AKs?

The reason I ask is because a local dealer has several WASR 10/63s that I have looked at (and all looked MUCH better than earlier Romo AKs I have seen) and he wants 450 apiece for these, brand new with 2 mags, sling and bayonet.

Worth it...or pass?

Most online deals shave maybe 30 bucks off that price, but throw in shipping and transfer fees and the fact that I don't get to personally inspect an the 450 local deal starts to look not so bad.

Is the 10/63 WASR a decent deal?

- brickboy240

·
Registered
2,712 Posts
Is the WASR 10/63 any better than the earlier offered WASR AKs?

Do they have the canted sights/gas tubes and trigger slap of earlier Romo AKs?

The reason I ask is because a local dealer has several WASR 10/63s that I have looked at (and all looked MUCH better than earlier Romo AKs I have seen) and he wants 450 apiece for these, brand new with 2 mags, sling and bayonet.

Worth it...or pass?

Most online deals shave maybe 30 bucks off that price, but throw in shipping and transfer fees and the fact that I don't get to personally inspect an the 450 local deal starts to look not so bad.

Is the 10/63 WASR a decent deal?

- brickboy240
Any AK can have canted parts.

The WASR-10/63 is a more "military" appearing rifle, with a threaded muzzle, slant brake and bayonet lug.

The WASR-10 has none of the above.

Trigger slap went away almost 2 years ago when Century went to the Tapco fire control groups.

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
A WASR is a Century AK.
I am thus corrected.

The new Century has synthetic furniture, but interestingly, is marked with both Century and DC Industries on the receiver (assuming that the receiver itself is DCI). The used WASR seems to be the usual Romanian AK stuff.

I also found a DCI (no Century arms stamp) with folding stock and front grip for about the same as the synthetic stock AK.

·
Registered
2,712 Posts
I am thus corrected.

The new Century has synthetic furniture, but interestingly, is marked with both Century and DC Industries on the receiver (assuming that the receiver itself is DCI). The used WASR seems to be the usual Romanian AK stuff.

I also found a DCI (no Century arms stamp) with folding stock and front grip for about the same as the synthetic stock AK.
Century uses DCI receivers for all their kit builds (you'll have to provide pix or be more specific, still).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts