Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At my lgs last week, I noticed two new Romanian AK47 pattern guns from Century. The first is basically a Romanov without the optics. A 7.62x54r batlle rifle for no more than a standard ak, I believe asking was $569.

The second gun was a shorter draco. The barrel just barly clears the front handguard. Looks pretty cool, and should be an even better sbr project. Standard Draco pricing.

Just a heads up for those interested.

·
Registered
950 Posts
Mini draco

Couldn't find anything on the other rifle you speak of.

·
Registered
6,314 Posts
As far as I know, there is no such thing as a Romanian Dragunov. There IS a Romanian PSL, which is not a dragunov, it's just a stretched out Kalasnikov.

·
Premium Member
271 Posts
As far as I know, there is no such thing as a Romanian Dragunov. There IS a Romanian PSL, which is not a dragunov, it's just a stretched out Kalasnikov.
+1

The "Romanian Dragnov" is a marketing play. The Romy PSL and the Russian SVD are two totally different guns. The PSL is merely a streached AK while the Russian Drag was built from the ground up as a true sniper rifle.

Don't let anyone convince you other wise.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
+1

The "Romanian Dragnov" is a marketing play. The Romy PSL and the Russian SVD are two totally different guns. The PSL is merely a streached AK while the Russian Drag was built from the ground up as a true sniper rifle.

Don't let anyone convince you other wise.
Well that is what this rifle is. Basically a psl minus the scope. For anybody in GA it is at Bullseye range off exit 13 on GAHWY400. I will update when I find a phone number for them.

I still like the rifle, and it felt pretty good in hand. If I didn't already have the howa1500, saiga 308 setup, I would definantly buy one of these none scoped PSLs and pair it with a Mosin Nagant for shtf. Just think of all the surplus ammo you could stockpile.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts