Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
31,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Man...the gouging and buying on any and all thinkgs AK around here is nuts! I was going to snag a 400 dollar WASR 10-63 at a local store (they always have them) but they're all gone. Every store I can find locally wants 550 or up for a WASR..its crazy!

Well, I found a small store that has an AK for sale that looks really well built but I don't know much about it nor does the shop onwer.

The AK has no markings or proofs on the receiver, but has Century Arms and DC Industries markings on the bottom, in front of the mag well. It has Tapco black composite furniture and a Tapco G2 trigger that is the sweetest trigger I have ever seen on any AK. The barrel is standard AK length and has a slanted break than can be removed, if you push in a pin on the front sight block. It has mag dinples in the receiver sides and is a sheet metal receiver than seems very thick and has a side rail.

This rifle is being sold as new and it looks it. All metal has a nice, very even dark grey park job and all in all is very well finished. I popped the receiver cover off and looked inside and it was MUCH better looking inside than most Romos I have ever looked at.

Asking price...550 bucks (but I think I can get if for 500 cash)

Anyone know what these builds are? I hear that Cenruty AKs are ones to stay away from but this thing looks pretty damn well built. Everyting is straight and tight and matches up really well. Comes with 2 30rd mags and the owner said if it does not run right, he will refund my money within 30 days.

Was this built on a Romanian or Bulgie parts kit?

Anyone own one?

Any advice or suggestions on what this build up might be are welcome. Judging b the higher prices and panic around here...this might be one of the only local deals left. I am NOT paying 550 bucks for a WASR10...sorry!

Thanks!

- Brickboy240

·
Registered
31,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Update...the shop also has a Bulgarian ISD made SSR-85 with poly furniture brand new for a tad more dough....better rifle?

TIA

- brickboy240

·
Premium Member
1,763 Posts
How much more is the Bulgarian? Those are nice.
$550 for a Century (more than likely a nice finished wasr) is a lil steep, but maybe thats just the beginning of the craziness to come.

I'd definitely go the Bulgarian if it's not too much more.

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
I'm really glad I've already got the stuff to complete my AK. I bought a Romanian parts kid a few years back, I think it was $70 or so, and got my Nodak reciever last week. I should be in it under $200 for a nice running rifle.

·
Premium Member
3,090 Posts
I'm really glad I've already got the stuff to complete my AK. I bought a Romanian parts kid a few years back, I think it was $70 or so, and got my Nodak reciever last week. I should be in it under $200 for a nice running rifle.

Only if you aren't including the tools that it takes to put her together. Otherwise I would have picked up some AK parts while I was building my AR a while back.

·
Registered
31,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah, I was VERY repulsed by almost 90% of the posters on any AR or AK specific boards.

You get maybe one of two decent, repectful and informative posts...then they degenerate into personal pissing matches. Or..they get totally sidetracked by arguing one VERY small aspect of a rifle...and you lose the jist of the post entirely.

Sometimes, you get one person posting one experience...then the next guy has a total 180 on the same thing!

Glock Talk used to be just like that...got tired of them, too. Too much in-fighting and rumors...not enough fact.

Thats mainly why I stay here...we have alot less of that nonsense.

- brickboy240

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
I agree, this forum is top notch. The old gun forum I frequented was just as you describe. There were about half a dozen guys who built rifles for a living, were very helpful and would help you do it yourself if at all possible. The rest were guys who had built one rifle and thought that qualified them to pick apart every build on every receiver with every parts kit. Annoying.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts