Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did not see a thread on this and was surprised.

We have wild fires burning all over the surrounding Austin area. Shelters are full.

The wind is making it spread like crazy.

·
21,770 Posts
That is one thing I hate about living in a desert. Fires spread quick and easy. Hopefully they get it under control real soon.

·
Registered
6,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Shelters are over flowed and folks are sleeping in Wal- Mart parking lots. Not enough food and water at the shelters for everyone.

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
That is one thing I hate about living in a desert. Fires spread quick and easy. Hopefully they get it under control real soon.
Austin isn't desert. Check this map. It is worse then desert it is forest land that has been in drought. Burning dry grass is easy compaired to burning dry forest.

·
21,770 Posts
Austin isn't desert. Check this map. It is worse then desert it is forest land that has been in drought. Burning dry grass is easy compaired to burning dry forest.
Totally forgot not all of Texas is a desert.

·
Registered
3,378 Posts
Instead of foreign aid, now would be a good time to aid places here at home. Texas comes to mind, along with Joplin,MO, the east coast, the southern border. Sorry, but I can't include kalifornia, chicago, nyc, detroit and places that cause/allow man made disasters.

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
It is serious here. 1/2 of Bastrop State Park has and is burning. Steiner Ranch is a new area burning near Austin. A report by the firemen (Lake Travis Fire Rescue I think) fighting another fire with another city pulled back to fight that fire. The sad part is that when they asked for help, no one came because all of the other fire departments and aviation assets were tapped out. Add heat & fatigue, you gave a serious issue.

The fire in Bastrop jumped state highways & jumped the Colorado River twice. We need more assets or it will get out of hand even more. I recall in the past the National Guard in California was mobilized along with Marines. III Corps is about an hour away with lots of needed assets. However our President is at a union Labor Day picnic shaking hands rather than looking at the damage from Irene, Lee & the huge fires in Central Texas. Since he won't carry the Southern States (including Texas), he doesn't give a hoot.

·
Registered
3,378 Posts
nobama has foreign and union interests to spend money on, he's not concerned about saving / helping this country. Nobama motto should be written in all the headlines,
"if it's bad for America, nobama is all for it"

·
Registered
249 Posts
We had our share of the wildfires yesterday. At one point it seemed like they were all around us. Our prayers go out all who have been impacted by this. Pray for rain...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts