Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Great source of info on this sight. I have done some searching and can't find the info I am looking for. I am considering the spot red dot combined with the Larue po boy magnifier. What is the centerline of the spot on the included mount? My other option is the millett dms-1 on a spr-e, but I can't find it in stock anywhere.

Thanks,
Steve

·
Registered
246 Posts
Maybe you could try asking the customer service at LaRue what they think. I am sure they would not tell you that it would work if it doesn't.

Good luck finding a Millett in stock :cry: I was looking at those for a while and it seems like they are out of stock until the beginning of Feb. at most places. You can find used ones on ar15.com periodically but they always sell fast!

·
Banned
6,667 Posts
The included cantilever mount with the SPOT MkIII gives a lower 1/3 cowitness, same as the LaRue mount with the Po Boy.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I ended up ordering the DMS-1. I believe it will give me the flexibility that I want. Now I just have to decide on which mounting configuration. First choice would be the spr-e, second choice would be a rail extension (YHM ?) and QD rings. I like the fact that the DMS is adjustable in power. The po boy is 2.5 fixed. I could not find what the FOV is on the spot and I think the DMS is 90 at 1x. Thanks for the SWFA suggestion. I am pretty sure I had already checked them and it said backordered. Any thoughts on mounting configurations? I already sifted through the 59 page thread on arfcom. I am leaning towards the spr-e for simplicity and repeatability (as far as holding zero when removed and reinstalled).

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
mvician, that sure is pretty!!
Any idea about clearance under the eyepiece? I have a MI rear flip iron. I measured it earlier today and got roughly .75" max by the ears. It looks close on the photos, though it could be the angle.

·
Banned
6,667 Posts
mvician, that sure is pretty!!
Any idea about clearance under the eyepiece? I have a MI rear flip iron. I measured it earlier today and got roughly .75" max by the ears. It looks close on the photos, though it could be the angle.
The buis in the pic is the MaTech which measures .750", so you should be good to go.

I copied this info a while back about buis folded heights. :cool:

ARMS 40 - 0.950" folded (mine is 1.00" even) <---- not mine, copied info
YHM-9680 - 0.840" folded (mine is 0.850") <---- not mine, copied info
Matech - 0.75" folded
MI ERS - 0.750" folded
GG&G MAD - 0.625" folded
ARMS 40L - 0.610" folded
Troy - 0.460" folded
MI MCTAR-SPLP - .4375" folded
KAC 300m - 0.315" folded

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the help guys. Mvician, you rock! Photos, measurements...any idea how to fix the economy? :mrgreen:

Steve

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
If I knew that, I wouldn't be here :p :lol:

If you'd fix the economy...I don't know if any of us would be here!!! :cool:

I think you have your answer, but I'll just add one more vote for the SPR-E. Do it and don't look back...you'll be glad you did. The SPR-E is a much better solution that getting a railed handguard and mounting partially on the receiver rail and partially on the handguard rail. People do it all the time, but I for one have never much liked the idea of it.

If you are going to buy soon, check with SKD Tactical. They are running a special until 12/12 with 10% off of everything they have. They carry Larue stuff and may have the 30mm SPR-E in stock. If so, you should be able to get it delivered to your door by Friday for <$200.

SKDTAC.COM

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
Well crap...sorry about that.

The only other retailer I can think of off hand is MSTN. Check out Wes's site and see if he has one available.

Mid-South Tactical Network (MSTN)

Not sure where the next best place to look would be other than directly to Larue. The EE on AR15.COM may be helpful...at a minimum you may find a Larue dealer who can hook you up.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Crap, got the email....SWFA is out of the DMS-1. Why doesn't their site tell you they are out and let you decide to order or not?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts