Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I myself am happily married, but I had a thought the other night:

For unmarried men or widowers/divorcees who conceal carry and start dating new people, how do they carry and deal with the inevitable intimate embraces one would expect after a few good dates?

I doubt you would disclose that you carry on the first date - you'd be disclosing the information to someone who is basically a stranger.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Make sure you go low. Let her hug around the neck and you take the waist. I've been married for a long time but I seem to remember most women tended to go high anyway. At least all our female friends and relatives do. Wife goes low just to be a pain so she doesn't count.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Nice one Bonehead!

·
Premium Member
32,784 Posts
Make sure you go low. Let her hug around the neck and you take the waist. I've been married for a long time but I seem to remember most women tended to go high anyway. At least all our female friends and relatives do. Wife goes low just to be a pain so she doesn't count.
That's pretty much the way it is for me

·
Registered
3,854 Posts
I doubt you would disclose that you carry on the first date - you'd be disclosing the information to someone who is basically a stranger.
Since intimate contact may be expected, possibly further than a simple hug, I certainly WOULD disclose.

"Sweetie, I have a CWP and I carry a loaded weapon constantly. Do you have a problem with that?"

That's something I'd get out of the way ASAP, since I doubt I would have a second date with someone who disapproved of citizens going legally armed for self defense. I'm sure as Hell not gonna take it off to please her.

·
Registered
670 Posts
I've thought of this too. If you get to know them on the first date I don't see many caring. I've found most people even if they don't like people carrying still recognize it's legal and there are people like us out there.

·
Premium Member
4,437 Posts
Since intimate contact may be expected, possibly further than a simple hug, I certainly WOULD disclose.

"Sweetie, I have a CWP and I carry a loaded weapon constantly. Do you have a problem with that?"

That's something I'd get out of the way ASAP, since I doubt I would have a second date with someone who disapproved of citizens going legally armed for self defense. I'm sure as Hell not gonna take it off to please her.
I agree, there would be NO 2nd date. Just think if they disapproved and u gave into it just to be with that girl... pretty soon shed be trying to get rid of all your guns! and that would just be insanity!

·
Registered
6,098 Posts
its a tough situation because many dates consist of drinking anyway and if im planning on having even one drink i dont bring the gun out with me. if i wasn't planning on drinking its usually a subject ill bring up with girls before i go out with them. most i encounter are a bit anti gun but its mostly because they're not super familiar with them (may have something to do with where i live too). if they're adamantly anti-gun and wont even agree to disagree then they're not datable for me.

·
Registered
10,955 Posts
When I was dating, I let the woman know in pre-date conversation that I do alot of shooting and hunting and even have a license to carry my handgun and do so on a regular basis. I only had one gal who was against it and we ended up never going out. My Fianace was nervous around handguns but said she always felt safer when I had mine. Now she has her own handgun and her own CHL.

·
Registered
66 Posts
After the eight+ year marriage with my wife ended, I am back to dating. I usually approach this like 'itchy_trigger' did. Conversation about guns shooting to get a feeling about her thoughts on guns. If she's completely anti, I don't mention I carry. If she is even partially ok with guns, I tell her I carry. Around where I live, I haven't had any problems with guns and dating. Some are ok with it, some are not, but none have completely flipped out and called me a psycho or anything. One girl even asked read "begged" me to take her to the range. My ex wife had more guns than I did when we began dating, so obviously no problem there.

·
Registered
87 Posts
My girlfriend is o with my pistol. she puts her had around me and a bit higher then the gun...she never liked the gun until we got into a situation

·
Registered
246 Posts
I've also thought about this and figured if a first date is going well, it's certainly a good idea to bring it up before she finds it on accident. A pre-date conversation may be a good idea depending on how long you've known her prior to the first date. I carry appendix at 1130 and if she finds it on her own, I'd say the date is going VERY well indeed. :)

·
Registered
11,293 Posts
Pocket carry solution?? Then she'd have to be getting really close before "disclosure" happened to ocurre.

·
Registered
518 Posts
its a tough situation because many dates consist of drinking anyway and if im planning on having even one drink i dont bring the gun out with me. if i wasn't planning on drinking its usually a subject ill bring up with girls before i go out with them. most i encounter are a bit anti gun but its mostly because they're not super familiar with them (may have something to do with where i live too). if they're adamantly anti-gun and wont even agree to disagree then they're not datable for me.
I was going to say something about the drinking too lol...I've been in a relationship quite sometime myself but I have thought about this scenario as well...Here is how I would look at it...If she is anti-gun, she will not last more than one date with me anyways. Also, depends where the first date is....Someplace I know well and know is pretty safe, might leave the gun at home and have a drink, unknown/shady place = gun = no booze. Either way, CC will come up and thats that.

·
Registered
855 Posts
I myself am happily married, but I had a thought the other night:

For unmarried men or widowers/divorcees who conceal carry and start dating new people, how do they carry and deal with the inevitable intimate embraces one would expect after a few good dates?

Dude chicks dig guns it turns em on! They will think your the man!! Now you just have to worry about how girls always seem to do sh%t to get their bf into fights haha then you gotta look like a wus and walk away cas you have a freakin gun!

·
Registered
107 Posts
The girl I just currently started dating hates guns and wants no part of them. The crappy part is, I really dig this chick.....so needless to say, CCW has been a touchy spot. I still do it because it's my right and I always will exercise it.

Trying to figure out ways to get her more comfortable with it.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts