Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my buddy was riding his street bike and had a pistol in an inside the waistband holster. All of a sudden he had a undercover cop push him off the road and once he came to a stop another cop snuck up behind him and grabbed his gun without identifying himself as LEO. He elbowed him cas he had was freaked out and the cop in front of him tackled him off the bike. Once they checked his CPL they said well we arnt gonna charge you with anything but we had 3 people call in saying a guy had a gun on a motorcycle. They then told him in washington you have to either have it completely concealed or completely open carry you cant go back and forth even if you have a permit.

I have read every gun law and it never says anything about that. It only defines brandishing and that is illegal. Brandishng is when it is out of the holster in public. But if its in a holster its all good.

I think every LEO should identify himself and should never just grab a guys gun without permission if he hasnt committed a crime. I know alot of guys that would have put a knife in his leg as a firearm retention techinque.

·
Registered
12 Posts
you would be amazed at the amount of LEO that do not know the law. This type of behavior by the police is illegal and your mate should file an official complaint and lawsuit.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Agreed. That's a really stupid way tp approach a man you KNOW has a gun. They were both under cover?

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Running him off the road in an unmarked car and jumping at him they are lucky they did not get shot.

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
you would be amazed at the amount of LEO that do not know the law. This type of behavior by the police is illegal and your mate should file an official complaint and lawsuit.
Oh yea we have seen how many LEO dont know about gun laws. I told him he should have complained cas if it was me and someone tried pullin my gun from behind. I carry a knife specifically for this situation...

As soon as cop #1 saw my Cold Steel Ak47 come out he would have put 3 rounds in my chest. All because cop #2 didnt identify himself and tried taking my gun.

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Agreed. That's a really stupid way tp approach a man you KNOW has a gun. They were both under cover?
Cop #1 was undercover he didnt even put on his lights. He was on a r1 im surprised he didnt just take off but he said it was a crown vic so he knew it was most likely a LEO.
Cop #2 was a city cop in a marked car. But he didnt know that until he was on his back!

·
Registered
192 Posts
Yeah that is BS. He should file a complaint.

·
Registered
428 Posts
I agree, I am an Leo, and I truly believe these.officers handles things the wrong way.

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Phat, is that you?

·
Registered
4,869 Posts
Sounds like Federal Way. I'm originally from that area and the cops always seemed like dicks in that area.

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
When he called em out they said well we all know how unclear washington gun laws are.

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
Sounds like Federal Way. I'm originally from that area and the cops always seemed like dicks in that area.
Quote:
Originally Posted by stumprat
What county, and city was this?
Was the unmarked WSP?

it happened in federal way. yea the unmarked was wsp

As was stated earlier, it definitely was Federal Way. Good call Chameleon!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts