Springfield XD Forum banner

Should I get the XD9SC in Black or Bi-tone? I like the looks of Bi-tone, but I'm considering visibi

• black

• bi-tone

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Getting a new XD9SC this weekend, can't wait! But I need a little advice: I have a service model in black. I want the SC in bi-tone so very badly, but I'm concerned about possible visibility. This is gonna be my first gun for CCW, and it will be in an IWB, mostly worn with jeans and an untucked t-shirt. You guys out there with multiple XD's would know best! Thanks!

·
Registered
889 Posts
I went with all black, no one but bad guys get to see that one anyway, and I didn't want to spend the extra cash just to impress them :lol: .
If I wanted to show someone a cool XD I would show them the OD frame Tactical with the Fusion Finish slide, and Dawson Fiber Opitic sights 8) .

·
Registered
539 Posts
if u want a bitone, then get it. Realistically, if someone stares and admires your bitone, then obviously your not concealing very well. Besides, although the stainless can rust too, i think the bitone is more resilient and easier to maintain. in addition, i just think it looks real nice.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think I'm gonna go stainless. I guess cuz it's smaller, it'll still conceal well. And I DO want it to look pretty too cuz it'll be a range gun as well. Shoot, I might just have to get both! :D Black Service OWB on my right, black subbie SOB, and the beautiful bi-tone inside a jacket or a shoulder-holster! Whatcha think, excessive? 8)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts