Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone here carry OWB? I dress casually for work, etc.. usually wearing jeans and a untucked polo or t-shirt. So I was thinking of going with some sort of clip rig that would let me run OWB or IWB if I felt like it. Any suggestions or what works/hides easily for you? Just for kicks I let my belt out a notch and tucked my SC inbetween my belt and wb and it fits nicely and doesn't feel odd even when sitting. (this is 3-4 oclock on right hip).

Just wondering... Eh I'm kinda a newb... lurker not so much a poster so forgive me. haha.

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
I carry both my service model and my extra mags OWB everyday. I found it very uncomfortable wearin IWB because of my huge gut. I use a belt holster, but used to use a paddle. IT's the most comfortable way for myself to wear....with some kinda overshirt...with the xtra mags somewhere in the 10-11oclock range. I can drive and bend down without any discomfort.
How you're the most comfortable is the best thing I can advise to you.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I carry OWB only. It's very uncomfortable for me to carry IWB. I use a Don Hume 1st Agent belt holster. I retains the firearm very well and fits snug against my body.

Kevin

·
Registered
277 Posts
I also wear OWB. I too am a biggon, but quick on the draw

I use a leather galco high fletcher.and uncle mikes double mag holster,a safari holster for my surefire d3 light, a fobus light holder for my m3, and a custom made holster for my knife. I hide all this with just wearing a tucked under shirt and a sports shirt to cover every thing up. It all feels comfy.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I carry OWB just about 8 hours a day everyday. I use a hume double nine, great comfort/concealability.

--Cowboy

·
Registered
595 Posts
I carried my SA 1911 in a Milt Sparks Versa Max II IWB for a few years, and as nice as it was, I still prefer the OWB carry. I now carry my XD40 Service in a Don Hume "Topless" and coupled with their belt, it is by far the most comfortable setup I have tried, love it. I tried it out ATV riding yesterday, worked like a champ.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I carry my 357 Sig XD Service on my belt everyday, in a Don Hume Model H726 belt holster. It's a front break, with thumb snap, design that allows the pistol to be carried high on the waist, but because of the front break, it's an extremely fast holster to draw from.

I carried a Hoyt front break holster, with a 6 1/2" .41 Magnum for many, many years on the job, so I'm used to drawing from one. All of my duty holsters had a thumb break of one type or another over 26 years, so I hit it without even realizing it when I draw from it. It just feels natural.

Hope this helps.

Fred

1 - 7 of 7 Posts