Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im taking a ccw class in about a week and a half and am wondering if my fellow oregonians could answer a question I have? My question is, after the class, is it true that I go apply for a license at the sheriff, and if so, how long does it take for them to issue me my license? Thanks to all for your help.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Yes, you take your certificate from your class with you fill out your aplication, get finger printed, a picture taken, pay your fees and if your refferances respond quickly you should have your card in about 45 days. You shoud go to your sherrifs office ahead of time though and pick up the aplication, so you can have it fill out ahead of time. Also, I know Linclon Co. only does the CHL on Tues. and it's by apt. only.

·
Registered
51 Posts
ya check to find a schedule of when they do their CCW permits. the time to get the license back will depend on what county you live in. also if you have ever had a back ground check before and they have your finger prints on file it will go alot quicker. i had a background check and finger printing done because i was teaching at the local high school so it only took me 10 days to get my permit, but most people usually take between 30-90 days. mult. county is the worst and takes the longest. took my dad almost 3 months to get his from them.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ya check to find a schedule of when they do their CCW permits. the time to get the license back will depend on what county you live in. also if you have ever had a back ground check before and they have your finger prints on file it will go alot quicker. i had a background check and finger printing done because i was teaching at the local high school so it only took me 10 days to get my permit, but most people usually take between 30-90 days. mult. county is the worst and takes the longest. took my dad almost 3 months to get his from them.

I did have my background check and fingerprinting done when i bought my pistol, but don't know if that is the same one. It would be cool if it only took ten days.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I did have my background check and fingerprinting done when i bought my pistol, but don't know if that is the same one. It would be cool if it only took ten days.
ya i am pretty sure that is a different background check other wise everyone would have it in the system already. but who knows you might get lucky.

what county are you in?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts