Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

With all of the movements for CCW does anyone carry extra liability insurance or specific CCW insurance?

I know no insurance covers you if you are criminally charged but what if the bad guy or an innocent bystander decides to sue you?

***I realized I put this in the wrong section so I requested a move to the CCW forum.

·
Registered
8,278 Posts

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
I have Texas Law Shield. 20 a month and if I ever have to use my weapon they provide all legal services at no additional charge. So I guess that classifies it liability insurance LOL!

·
Registered
11,292 Posts
Sounds good to me.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wondering if there is any type of umbrella insurance through your Homeowner's too?

i guess the biggest fear is a George Zimmerman scenario where ypu would have to mount a legal defense for criminal charges.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I have Texas Law Shield also. It takes care of all legal expenses but should one lose I don't know about any judgment that might be imposed. It would be good to check on insurance for such an eventuality.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I have personal insurance from Armed Citizen Legal Defense Network: ACNet; do
a net search for their exact web address... they provide 8 great training DVDs to
guide/update/prove your training.
Also USCCA also provides similar insurance with just OnLine training.

$125 a year with ACNet plus $50 for spouse/significant other. $100,000 limit
on legal/trial charges including lawsuits.
$147 for USCCA for $250,000 limit on legal/trial charges including lawsuits.

Forget homeowner's liability; you are 5 times more likely to be attacked on the
street vs at home. Also usually they provide protection for ACCIDENTS
not INTENTIONAL ACTIONS.

·
Registered
9,659 Posts
I keep a shovel in the trunk...

·
Registered
40 Posts
I keep a shovel in the trunk...

In those DVDs I mentioned Massad says the police will take your computer
and search any of your WEB comments to build a case for you being a
dangerous vigilante type living outside the law thus that shooting you were
just in was motivated by unreasonable predigest and hate; not real danger.

I would not boast or joke on line or in public or even with bumper stickers
on your car.

LOL

·
Registered
9,659 Posts
In those DVDs I mentioned Massad says the police will take your computer
and search any of your WEB comments to build a case for you being a
dangerous vigilante type living outside the law thus that shooting you were
just in was motivated by unreasonable predigest and hate; not real danger.

I would not boast or joke on line or in public or even with bumper stickers
on your car.

LOL
Living your life in fear is for p*****s. I'll keep being a man. Oh and vigilante assumes I need a shovel for a noble cause. Lol

·
Registered
462 Posts
In SC, if you are not criminally charged in a self defense shooting, you can not be civilly sued.
Somewhat similar here in Az. You cannot be civilally sued by a bad guy if they're in the act of a crime. Self defense shooting or not. WOO HOO!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Been a member of Armed Citizens Legal Defense Network, Inc. for 2 yrs. Great outfit I hope I never need.

Reactions: SoberPoster

·
Registered
197 Posts
Somewhat similar here in Az. You cannot be civilally sued by a bad guy if they're in the act of a crime. Self defense shooting or not. WOO HOO!
So, what about liability exposure from an injured or killed innocent bystander as the OP asked?

The only thing I found was a combination of CCW Safe and USCCA. CCW Safe for unlimited criminal and civil representation. USCCA, while they may have similar lessor coverages as compared with CCW Safe, for mainly bail money and liability coverage.

Has anyone else found a better combination?

·
Registered
338 Posts
There is Insurance offered for CCW carriers, Check with NRA, also check the combat handgun Magazine, you would be charged by the amount of coverage you desire.
One thing is almost a certainty if you shoot someone and are cleared by the police often the the spouse, Mom or Dad will sue you, which could happen multiple times the defence can be Very costly up to and including some who have gone bankrupt, I forget the legal Term that can stop all that however a lawyer could tell you what the term is, it is strange that the term is not used routinely when the police investigator finds a defence shooting justifiable?
Any one remember what that term is?

·
Registered
800 Posts
What about injuring an innocent bystander? I would think that this law would only involve the bad guy in a justified shooting and not anyone else.
Should prob try not to shoot the innocent bystanders then.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts