Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I think this is bogus but wanted to check to see what you guys thought. Someone said they read that if you get a CCW license the police are allowed to come in your home/car/person and search at will with no cause.

I know I am not familiar with every states laws so it is at least possible but that has to be total crap. Thanks for the help!

·
Premium Member
32,784 Posts
CCW no way...now if you have an FFL, the feds have some clearance to search that address and your log books I believe
I bet if they can it's in the paperwork one signs to get the FFL

for a CCW not a chance, it would make no sense, most of the time the Cops wouldn't even know you're carrying.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Just because you have a carry license does not give LEO's any right to search your car without probable cause. (not an attorney, but have good friends on the force) In OH, if you are pulled over and they input your car license number (if that car is registered to you) they know automatically.
Probable cause can be a subjective term though. I'd contact an attorney in my home state to ask that question.

·
Registered
12,197 Posts
Ok I think this is bogus but wanted to check to see what you guys thought. Someone said they read that if you get a CCW license the police are allowed to come in your home/car/person and search at will with no cause.

I know I am not familiar with every states laws so it is at least possible but that has to be total crap. Thanks for the help!
Maybe in Chicago, but it would be local juresdiction governing.

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Maybe in Chicago, but it would be local juresdiction governing.
Chicago you can't carry a gun PERIOD!

Thanks everyone for the info.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts