Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm carrying an XD9 SC and I've been lucky to be able to make it to the range weekly so far. But I'm not going to make it this weekend. When I look in the barrel, there is a little bit of dust in there. Is there a recommended interval I should be cleaning this even if I don't fire it?

· Premium Member
423 Posts
Well with CCW carrying, there is always the proposition of little fuzzies, lint, and whatnot from our clothes getting in the holster and the barrel of the gun and other misc workings of the gun. Give it a quick clean and you should be set. Although I think it would take a lot more them some dust to ruin these guns. :)

· Registered
102 Posts
I've carried a gun everyday for 38 years now, and you're going to collect dust and lint when you carry a gun on your body. There is no way to avoid it, unless you place the gun in Saran Wrap, which would be silly.

Just run a bore snake or patch through the barrel and keep the lint, etc. off it. A weekly cleaning won't hurt it at all. Keep it protected with rust preventative, as body salts are much more corrosive than rain, etc.

Hope this helps.

Fred

· Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks! That's kind of what I figured. Bought a can of Break-Free CLP today and got a silicon cloth (for only a buck, I figured what the heck)

The CLP worked very nicely! Is there any place on/in the slide I should NOT put the CLP?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.