Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I stopped by my LGS yesterday, mostly just to look around and kill time, but the fact that I was low on .22lr was definitely on my mind. They had a whole pallet of black plastic boxes marked "CCI .22lr SV 40gr Factory Seconds." I'm a big fan of CCI Standard Velocity among other loads in my Marlin 981T, and of course my .22 SAA will eat anything I feed it, so at $7.49/200rds, I bought 3 boxes to try out. Upon getting them home and opening one of the boxes, I'm seeing no flaws. Nice clean brass, no bullet deformation, other than maybe a little too much wax on the bullets themselves, they look like any other CCI ammo.
I'll get a chance to shoot some of them on Sunday, but barring any disasters at the range, has anyone had any negative experiences with this stuff that would keep me from buying another couple thousand? I never knew such a critter existed until I saw it on the shelf, so all feedback is welcome!

·
Registered
425 Posts
Looks like you tried to post pics, but I can't see them. I would like to see the packaging so I could keep an eye out for it....... If the range reports are good.

·
Registered
5,861 Posts
Looks like you tried to post pics, but I can't see them. I would like to see the packaging so I could keep an eye out for it....... If the range reports are good.
...but especially if they're bad (to avoid it). :D

I have never heard of factory seconds in any ammo. let alone 22LR. Interesting.

Yeah, retry posting the pics. I would like to see them too.

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I did try to post pics, but I don't do it often enough to remember how, and I never get it to work on the first couple of tries. I'll try again in a little bit. This ammo is bulk packed, 200rds to a black plastic flip top box. Clinton's link is actually to the place I got it from, but I can't get it to work. Standby for pictures, gentlemen

·
Registered
272 Posts
Anyone have any insights into what sort of defect would cause .22 ammo to be a "second," yet not cause it to be unserviceable? Just strikes me odd.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts