Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was wondering what everyone's opinion is of this ammunition. I've put 200 rounds of it through my XD w/o a problem and have started shooting it out of my 9mm as well.

I've been buying the 115 gr aluminum cased 9mm btw. It's around $4 for 50 rounds so it's a good bit cheaper than the WWB ammo. I like it so far as range ammo.

Has anyone had any significant problems with this ammo?

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Do a search here and you'll find that the general consensus is overwhelmingly positive.

brad cook

·
Registered
278 Posts
Personally it's the only ammo I've had FTF's with in my XD. This is both before and after break-in period. Referring to the aluminum cased, not brass. It also seemed to be alot dirtier than comparably priced ammo (WWB, Remington UMC). Personally I like UMC, plus it's only $42 for 250 rounds.

But every gun is different and lots of people have shot it with no problem...so give it a try!

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
SpeedRacer said:
Personally it's the only ammo I've had FTF's with in my XD. This is both before and after break-in period. Referring to the aluminum cased, not brass. It also seemed to be alot dirtier than comparably priced ammo (WWB, Remington UMC). Personally I like UMC, plus it's only $42 for 250 rounds.

But every gun is different and lots of people have shot it with no problem...so give it a try!
Where do you find it for that price?

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Intel486 said:
Do you have Academy Sports and Outdoors around you? You just might.

If so you can get the 9mm there for $3.86 per 50, or $78 per 1000 rounds.

brad cook

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
DigMe said:
Intel486 said:
Do you have Academy Sports and Outdoors around you? You just might.

If so you can get the 9mm there for $3.86 per 50, or $78 per 1000 rounds.

brad cook
UMC for that price? Because I get CCI Blazer for that price and I never saw Academy having UMC.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Yep, Academy has the 250-pound value pack of Remington UMC for $42. You can even see them if you click on "View this week's ad" and go to page 16.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
SpeedRacer said:
Yep, Academy has the 250-pound value pack of Remington UMC for $42. You can even see them if you click on "View this week's ad" and go to page 16.
WWB from Wal-Mart is still cheaper for .40 it appears.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Speed Racer and DigMe,

You guys are posting different pricing...

Speed Racer is saying that Academy has UMC for $42 for a 250 count.

DigMe is saying UMC is $78 for a 1000 count? (that would be a HUGE discount for buying in bulk compared to Speed Racer's pricing, it's a $90 discount...) Also, if it were $3.86 for a 50 count then it should be less than $19.30 for a 250 count, but appropriately, $77.30 for a 1000 count.

Which of you two is right? Or are you talking about different ammo?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
R.E.Lee said:
Speed Racer and DigMe,

You guys are posting different pricing...

Speed Racer is saying that Academy has UMC for $42 for a 250 count.

DigMe is saying UMC is $78 for a 1000 count? (that would be a HUGE discount for buying in bulk compared to Speed Racer's pricing, it's a $90 discount...) Also, if it were $3.86 for a 50 count then it should be less than $19.30 for a 250 count, but appropriately, $77.30 for a 1000 count.

Which of you two is right? Or are you talking about different ammo?
I think DigMe is posting about CCI Blazer 9mm because I've been paying $3.86 per box of 50 for awhile now.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Thanks for the clarification.

Do you think it would be worth the extra $1.88/50 to go with the Blazer Brass over the regular Blazer? (speaking with regard to the pricing from: https://www.natchezss.com/brand.cfm?contentID=productDetail&brand=CC&prodID=CC5200) FWIW, that site lists the regular Blazer at $4.77/50. :roll:

(my walmart stocks very little 9mm ammo, so I am forced to go online for the best pricing)

·
Premium Member
21,722 Posts
hey i guys remember a while back i posted there was no alumium blazer here in central ohio that was back in october well no one is still carring it as of now, all blazer brass 5.29 per 50 , best price ive found yet, iam still amazed as to why???

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
R.E.Lee said:
Thanks for the clarification.

Do you think it would be worth the extra $1.88/50 to go with the Blazer Brass over the regular Blazer?
Not unless you reload and want the spent brass. I don't see any other reason to.

brad cook

·
Registered
285 Posts
I use both Blazer Brass and Blazer Aluminum in both my XD-9 and my 1911 .45's with very good results. I use it solely for range practice during the day.

Now, if you want to have some fun, shoot some of it at night. I took a training course complete with night shoot this past weekend. I mag of Blazer Aluminum immediately converted my hand blaster to a Mark 1 megaton flamethrower! :shock: Those muzzle flashes were absolutlely asesome. Of course, the fact that I couldn't see a dang thing for a minute or so thereafter made the training a little more challenging. :lol:

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Paladin said:
I use both Blazer Brass and Blazer Aluminum in both my XD-9 and my 1911 .45's with very good results. I use it solely for range practice during the day.

Now, if you want to have some fun, shoot some of it at night. I took a training course complete with night shoot this past weekend. I mag of Blazer Aluminum immediately converted my hand blaster to a Mark 1 megaton flamethrower! :shock: Those muzzle flashes were absolutlely asesome. Of course, the fact that I couldn't see a dang thing for a minute or so thereafter made the training a little more challenging. :lol:
:lol: I know about the flames it likes to shoot... hahaha

1 - 18 of 18 Posts