Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
I think the best guess is that it's a "loss leader" product...a product that gets people into the store in hopes that they'll buy something else but Academy is actually selling it at cost or cheaper than cost. Or maybe they DID just get some kinda kickass deal from CCI. Either way I've never ever seen any 9mm ammo for cheaper than that anywhere.

brad cook

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
dolanp,

Nah, it's everywhere there's an Academy but they just have more Academy stores in Texas. I think they're in about 8 states...all southern.

brad cook

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
When they first started selling for around this price it was only in limited markets. When I was in Dallas I'd stop by and try to find some but they were out. However, now that it's the standard price at all stores I've had no trouble finding it when I go to buy it. I usually buy ten boxes at a time.

brad cook

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
one-eyed-fatman said:
This makes me want to stock up bigtime on CCI 9mm. I use to be able to go into Walgreens and buy Mountain Dew 12 packs for 1 to 3 dollars. Now it's 3 to 4 dollars a six pack. This is what's going to happen with CCI Blazer.
Fatman I suspect it will go back up at some point but at this time they'll tell you it's their permanant price. The unusual thing is that it's not like they started out at this price...it used to be a dollar more and then they went down. Interesting... I wonder if the across-the-board price drop had anything to do with the introduction of Blazer Brass into the market. Now the brass is $4.88 per 50 and the aluminum is $3.86 per 50. The aluminum was previously $4.88.

brad cook

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Hey mark, I'm an aggie. Class of '98.

Didya here that yesterday the number one high school tight end in the nation committed to A&M?

brad cook

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
FatMatt1981 said:
lemme see.....WWB for $10.54....20 boxes for 1000rds=$210.54
that ammoman dude has a better dealie deal
hmmm.... decisions...decisions
There are 100 in a box...so it's actually ten boxes for 1000 rounds.

brad cook

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
FatMatt1981 said:
100rds a box for .40S&W????
i wasn't aware of that
No, I thought we were talking about 9mm since that's what the thread was about. They make 100 round boxes of WWB for .40 too but those are like $14.97 or something.

The 100 rd boxes of WWB 9mmfrom Wal-Mart are $10.54.

brad cook

1 - 7 of 7 Posts