Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I keep hearing people tell me that they are getting this stuff for $3.86/50rd box. I'm no math whiz, but that's cheaper than WWB. (talking 9mm here folks) Ok, so here's my question. If AA is selling it for this price, they are obviously buying it at a much lower price from either CCI or some other wholesaler. Why isn't there any other place on God's Green earth that sells it for this price? I've seen it at Sportman's warehouse for 6.99/50 and online for 5.00/50.

Am I crazy? Shouldn't someone else be carrying this for at least close to this price? If someone knows, PLEASE let me know.

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
Yeah, I want some too! Nevada here. :x Maybe I am not looking closely, but I don't even see 9mm CCI Blazer in my area at all.

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
I think the best guess is that it's a "loss leader" product...a product that gets people into the store in hopes that they'll buy something else but Academy is actually selling it at cost or cheaper than cost. Or maybe they DID just get some kinda kickass deal from CCI. Either way I've never ever seen any 9mm ammo for cheaper than that anywhere.

brad cook

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Doesn't Bass Pro Shops sell it for about the same price? I don't have one of those near me, but I hear they sell it cheap...

·
Registered
91 Posts
Academy does not offer online shopping, so if you don't live near one of their stores, you're out of luck for now.

The cheapest I could find 9mm at Bass Pro was $6.00/50, either in UMC (250 rd) or WWB (100 rd).

·
Registered
875 Posts
I just happened to be in OK a few months and went to one of the Academy Sports. The guy said that the can't keep it on the shelves.

·
Registered
782 Posts
Is it a Texas thing I wonder because most people, including myself, who have been able to get this great deal seem to be from TX?

·
Registered
43 Posts
They have it at Academy down in Mobile Alabama too. Hard to find it in stock, but when I do, I make sure to take more than my fair share.

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
dolanp,

Nah, it's everywhere there's an Academy but they just have more Academy stores in Texas. I think they're in about 8 states...all southern.

brad cook

·
Registered
154 Posts
I just bought 5 boxes of blazer 9mm for $3.86 per box of 50. They had alot of it on the shelf. After the girl got me mine, the guy next to me asked for some too. I couldn't hear how many boxes he got. He better not have bought all of it!! haha.

They were also selling OU vs. USC orange bowl nike t-shirts for $4.88! Thats a different story. :oops:

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
When they first started selling for around this price it was only in limited markets. When I was in Dallas I'd stop by and try to find some but they were out. However, now that it's the standard price at all stores I've had no trouble finding it when I go to buy it. I usually buy ten boxes at a time.

brad cook

·
Banned
11,479 Posts
This makes me want to stock up bigtime on CCI 9mm. I use to be able to go into Walgreens and buy Mountain Dew 12 packs for 1 to 3 dollars. Now it's 3 to 4 dollars a six pack. This is what's going to happen with CCI Blazer.

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
one-eyed-fatman said:
This makes me want to stock up bigtime on CCI 9mm. I use to be able to go into Walgreens and buy Mountain Dew 12 packs for 1 to 3 dollars. Now it's 3 to 4 dollars a six pack. This is what's going to happen with CCI Blazer.
Fatman I suspect it will go back up at some point but at this time they'll tell you it's their permanant price. The unusual thing is that it's not like they started out at this price...it used to be a dollar more and then they went down. Interesting... I wonder if the across-the-board price drop had anything to do with the introduction of Blazer Brass into the market. Now the brass is $4.88 per 50 and the aluminum is $3.86 per 50. The aluminum was previously $4.88.

brad cook

·
Registered
539 Posts
I bought a 1000 round case of CCI at Academy about 2 months ago. I think it cost me around $85.00 including tax. After paying 13.06/50 for 357 Sig I was a Happy Camper. :D

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
I want my share of it! :x

·
Registered
154 Posts
willbond said:
I bought a 1000 round case of CCI at Academy about 2 months ago. I think it cost me around $85.00 including tax. After paying 13.06/50 for 357 Sig I was a Happy Camper. :D
You better leave some for me! :)

1 - 20 of 35 Posts