Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, long time lurker, first time poster.

I recently received my Iowa PTC, and am planning on carrying while on vacation to CO. We will be doing the typical Colorado touristy things, National parks, hiking, possibly atv sightseeing, etc. What will I need to keep in mind while cc-ing in another state? I know federal buildings are off limits (such as those in National Parks) but what about state buildings? What about carrying while on an ATV? Is there any authority I should call just to "double check" before I carry there? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
666 Posts
It's basically that you can CC anywhere except where prohibited by federal law. As far as 'state' buildings go, if any building has permanent weapons-screening devices installed at the entrance, you're not allowed to carry there.

rmgo.org has a good list of where you can and can't around the state.

·
Premium Member
8,923 Posts
No schools, and basically no place where there's weapons screening. Here's a link that will link you to the statutes, Colorado Department of Public Safety.

While you're ATVing, make sure you have a holster with some retention on it. You wouldn't want your pistol to just "pop out".

Have fun while you're here!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hello everyone, long time lurker, first time poster.

I recently received my Iowa PTC, and am planning on carrying while on vacation to CO. We will be doing the typical Colorado touristy things, National parks, hiking, possibly atv sightseeing, etc. What will I need to keep in mind while cc-ing in another state? I know federal buildings are off limits (such as those in National Parks) but what about state buildings? What about carrying while on an ATV? Is there any authority I should call just to "double check" before I carry there? Thanks in advance.
handgunlaw.com great site

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
While you're ATVing, make sure you have a holster with some retention on it. You wouldn't want your pistol to just "pop out".
I've got an AKJ Concealco iwb, seems to work quite well.

Looks like you want to travel through Nebraska and not Kansas.
Yeah, every wonderful inch of it;)

Thanks everyone for the help, there's some great info on those sights. I've got a few new pages bookmarked now :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts