Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking recommendations on a quality mag pouch for conceal carry. Using the search function I wasn't able to find much advice on them. I would love to hear some input or even pics of what you guys/gals are using for edc to carry a spare (or two).

Even input on iwb, owb or even pocket carry. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
DeSantis makes a great one. Someone even has a recent thread regarding it.

·
Registered
68 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
I prefer a closed mag holster such as a velco flap. By far the best one I found is the single pouch by 5.11. It is no longer being made but you can still find them. I recently bought a couple of spares since I have not found anything I like as much. It fits both X-Tension mags for my XD sc 40 and XDS 9. Search for "5.11 slickstick". The part number is 58711, they come in the 3 popular colors.

5.11 Tactical Single Pistol Mag Pouch . 5.11 Tactical Magazine Pouches.

5.11 Tactical® Pouches, 58711: Single Pistol Mag Pouch

5.11 Tactical Sandstone Single Pistol Mag Pouch - 1 Pistol Magazine Holder 58711

Attachments

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks! I saw the thread about the desantis pocket pouch but wasn't able to find any others. I appreciate the input. I guess it all comes down to preference. I know that I need to carry a spare mag (or two). These forums have opened my eyes about reasons to carry an extra magazine. I originally thought if I can't hit my target in 9 rounds then I'm screwed but I quickly realized it's much more than amount of rounds, ftf, jams etc.

·
Registered
8,278 Posts
I prefer a closed mag holster such as a velco flap. By far the best one I found is the single pouch by 5.11. It is no longer being made but you can still find them. I recently bought a couple of spares since I have not found anything I like as much. It fits both X-Tension mags for my XD sc 40 and XDS 9. Search for "5.11 slickstick". The part number is 58711, they come in the 3 popular colors.

5.11 Tactical Single Pistol Mag Pouch . 5.11 Tactical Magazine Pouches.

5.11 Tactical® Pouches, 58711: Single Pistol Mag Pouch

5.11 Tactical Sandstone Single Pistol Mag Pouch - 1 Pistol Magazine Holder 58711
this is what I use...cut the MOLLE snap-strap off and run my belt through it to place magazine horizontal at 9:30...works great

·
Registered
7,535 Posts
IWB, I really like my Comp-Tac Minotaur Concealment Pouch.

I have one that I EDC, and I purchased another one exclusively to train with. I've attended many classes where I shoot from concealment, and I've honestly never had a problem pulling from this pouch.

For me, the tall sweat-shield makes IWB doable, keeping the hard surfaces of the base-plate out of my waist.

No, it's definitely not the best thing when it comes time to replace a partially spent mag inside of it - such as for a reload-with-retention/"tactical reload" - so if that's a concern for you, then you'll want to look at something else.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Recommend you check out the horizontal mag holders at "magholder.com/" (sorry, can't can't post links yet, not enough posted messages). Both flexible and comfortable.

·
Registered
265 Posts

I have one that I EDC, and I purchased another one exclusively to train with. I've attended many classes where I shoot from concealment, and I've honestly never had a problem pulling from this pouch.

For me, the tall sweat-shield makes IWB doable, keeping the hard surfaces of the base-plate out of my waist. A bit on the pricy side but the quality is outstanding.

No, it's definitely not the best thing when it comes time to replace a partially spent mag inside of it - such as for a reload-with-retention/"tactical reload" - so if that's a concern for you, then you'll want to look at something else.
For an IWB mag holster, that looks like one of best I've seen. I've got a couple Comp-Tac pistol holsters and they are my favorites. A bit on the pricy side but the quality is outstanding.

·
Registered
4,383 Posts
Recommend you check out the horizontal mag holders at "magholder.com/" (sorry, can't can't post links yet, not enough posted messages). Both flexible and comfortable.
MagHolder.com - Fast. Comfortable. Concealed.

I have one of these, it works well with the .45 caliber magazine. I see they now make one for the 9mm magazine as well.My 9mm mags fit in the 45acp holder, but are "slightly loose."

(Sigh :-| , one more thing to add to my 'round tuit list for the XDs9.)

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

For me, the tall sweat-shield makes IWB doable, keeping the hard surfaces of the base-plate out of my waist.

+1

That is a sharp looking iwb pouch. I will be looking into these. I'm sure there is a lengthy wait time but like most holsters it's worth it if comfy

·
Registered
265 Posts
+1
...I'm sure there is a lengthy wait time but like most holsters it's worth it if comfy
^ Comp-Tac's lead time is really low. Their current lead-time is 5 business days. :)
I recently ordered two (pistol) holsters and it was about 7 business days for delivery for me. Finally I have found an excellent holster that is comfortable. I think I'll post some picture soon in the accessories forum.

·
Registered
4,383 Posts
I recently ordered two (pistol) holsters and it was about 7 business days for delivery for me. Finally I have found an excellent holster that is comfortable. I think I'll post some picture soon in the accessories forum.
Think it was about that for the Infidel holster I ordered from them.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts