Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After spending many days trying to find the perfect CC holster. I have found nothing that catches my eye.:(

Lets see what you use to CC.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I keep looking at the Biachi Evader....haven't found one locally to fondle yet.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Oops, "bianchi"

·
Registered
537 Posts
Crossbreed over here...

Super easy to draw from; not a lot of friction, but yet excellent retention.

You can adjust the level of retention with a hair dryer.

It will not collapse when you draw your pistol like SOME not so high end
leather rigs.

And the level of comfort is really good.

At first I didn't like it, but it kinda grew on my and my piece.

My .02 and now with inflation and all this economic crisis my .02 are not worth a whole lot...:rolleyes:

·
Registered
609 Posts
45 xd compact and a super tuck here, i have been wearing the super tuck since it was delivered to my house, i thought i had the thing fit perfect and it was very comfortable, but then last night i decided to get a little crazy and start messing with the cant a little and now it it is even better. before it would conceal very well and no printing at all. but now it conceals even better and my wife didn't even know i was carrying after i made the adjustment.

·
Premium Member
2,645 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Anybody else ???

·
Registered
294 Posts
I prefer Blade-Tech IWB (Inside Waist Band) Kydex holsters. I have 2 of them and love them.

I wear them between 8 and 12 hours a day for work... (LEO) and then for off duty as well.

Inside Waist Band :: Holsters :: Blade-Tech Industries

They are on sale now from blade-tech on their site...... or you can go to MidwayUSA and get them cheaper yet.
MidwayUSA - Blade-Tech PDS IWB Holster Right Hand Springfield XD 9mm and 40 S&W Service 4" Kydex Black

Also for Leather IWB holsters I like these by Don Hume. Also very comfortable.

Holsters by Type

Don Hume also has some nice blet holsters.

Blade-Tech

Don Hume

[/URL]

Others like the crossbreed supertuck.... but I prefer these 2 brands...

Best advise, it to pick one that is comfortable to you and sick with it. Unfortunatley, the only way to do that is to try them all out....

Good luck.

As always, Stay Safe.

·
Registered
3,962 Posts
Crossbreed Supertuck for many many reasons already posted in this forum.

The big thing to me is you can make it fit you and not just live with what a holster maker thinks fits you. Some people buy $100+ holsters thinking the more expensive the better. Then they get it and adjust everything to make it work because they just spent a fortune on a holster. You don't have to do that with the Supertuck. $60, a couple of weeks, and you'll have something you can adjust, cut, trim, slice, or do whatever to make it fit you. You fit the holster to you, not fit you to the holster.

·
Registered
266 Posts
I use the one from Tennesse Holster Company (see HouseBoat's signature line). I really like it as it works quite well with my XD45. I actually carried all day to day while cutting wood (sawing, bending over moving brush, moving and loading wood, getting in and out of the truck) and barely noticed it was there. Larry and Isabel are great to work with and answer any questions you have quickly. I was really suprised at how fast I got my holster.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
I've found that I like Galco and Blackhawk, but recently I've found real quality in leather at the Tennessee Holster Co.
My friend ordered two for his .45s. I was immpressed. I was so immpressed that I chose to try a IWB holster for my Bersa Thunder .380 & the Firestorm .380. I'm very picky and will post how I like it. I expect great things!!!!:D

·
Registered
432 Posts
I have a Crossbreed Supertuck that I carried my XD9sc in for about 2 months. I'll admit I was not comfortable with it for the 1st week. But then I put some leather conditioner on it and started trying different adjustment settings. The more I wore it the softer and more comfortable it got. Once the cant and height were set I then trimmed the leather to finalize fit.

Just as ProppellerHead says, YOU make it fit YOU.

I sold my XD9sc and now carry a XD45compact in this same holster. I'll never use any other IWB.

Check out the pics. These are w/the 45c

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Is this section molded ???

·
Registered
432 Posts
Yes, molded Kydex. Good retention(that's adjustable w/a heatgun), rigid so you can reholster, and slick inside so no wear on the gun finish.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Why does the area near the front sight look streached out ?

·
Registered
432 Posts
It's molded that way so the sight, factory or aftermarket, will not snag on it. It's just a "v" shaped ridge. The gun is snug in the holster and doesn't move around.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts