Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Taking any and all recommendations for carry concealed for either the Compact and/or Service 45. Currently have a small KelTec PF9 which is easily carried in many configs. Also have a small .38 which I typically carry in an Uncle Mikes ankle rig. Carried the M9 in a IWB holster years ago.

Picking my XD up tomorrow. Decision is between the Service and Compact. Leaning towards the compact but only because of the grip size for concealed carry. Beginning to wonder if it will make that big of a difference.

Decisions...Decisions. Help me out fella's...otherwise I will be at the counter for another 2 hours tomorrow.:D

·
Registered
913 Posts
I have the Service in .40 and it conceals well...I think you're only going to lose about an inch with the Compact. The 45 guys will be more knowledge about the mag capacity difference between the two. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
5,617 Posts
For me the difference is negligible. I can conceal a G20 just fine, so grip size isn't a concern. It's a bit uncomfortable, but I get over it.

I also have an XD45 compact. Much easier to carry, but prints about as much as my G20. More comfortable, though. I went with the compact since I could get my whole hand around it without an extension, so figured the extra grip would be useless.

·
Premium Member
7,343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Guys. I figure the xtra rounds would be worth the xtra inch or so. Are you carrying it with a IWB or OWB holster?

·
Registered
512 Posts
If I were going to get an XD45 for CCW, it would be the compact. You can always use the full size mags with the sleeve on them for general shooting.

·
Premium Member
91 Posts
Get the compact - it's like 2 guns the 10 rd mag for concealment, and the 13rd with extension is just like having a service.

·
Premium Member
7,343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Definitely leaning that way...I'll post some pics tomorrow--and a range report. Just ordered the blade tech holster...have heard some good things.

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
Good luck with the new gun and get some pictures up for us to drool over !! ;)

Get the compact - it's like 2 guns the 10 rd mag for concealment, and the 13rd with extension is just like having a service.
Agreed.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts