Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got my CCW permit in May, got my XDM 4.5 9mm about 2 weeks ago, finished the "Arizona Gun Owners Guide" last night, got a Galco Kingtuck IWB holster today.

Went out for a shakedown errand to walgreens to try out the new holster. Full mag of hornady critical defense onboard.

Went AOK, this is the home defense/range gun didn't really have any plans to carry it just thought i would see if i could if it came to that. Really still haven't made up my mind on the carry matter yet though. Gonna start the "Concealed Handgun Manual" tonight and then read "In the Gravest Extreme" next when it gets here from amazon.

I did learn a bit though while getting ready and also on my little trip.

1. Need pants a size bigger at least than i normally wear [gun takes up more room that i would have thought and it also makes that right back pocket usless for the wallet, had to switch pockets]

2. I understand how much of a difference the grip size makes now [no printing just standing but sitting or bending i was printing like crazy]

3. Letting the seat back a bit allowed me to keep it on in the car with moderate comfort [grip size becomes an issue here also]

4. Came up with a way to linger at a door a few moments by acting like your phone rang and you can use that time to scan the entry to see if "no weapons allowed is posted"

5. Gotta fight the urge to check my shirt while walking [knew it was down because i checked it as i got out the car, but had to stop my self twice from double checking in the store strange reflex kinda thing goin on there]

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
nice. i CC a several times throughout the week. i don't do it all the time because when my wife is home with my kids i leave the gun there in case she needs it. i haven't taken my class yet but i should be in the next month.

i think the shirt thing will start to be a non issue for you, i never really had to much of a problem making sure i was covered. also posture is a big help, and kneel down instead of bending over, that will help with printing when you have to get low items.

i use a king tuk also and i love it, but i'll agree with you on the pants size, it makes a different if they're a bit bigger, lucky for me i have weight to lose so i don't need to invest in pants... :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts