Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've worn mine for about six months now and over the last month or so i've noticed it making alot of noise when I walk and it has progressively gotten worse. It sounds like im in an old cowboy movie when I walk. Anyone else had this problem and if so what did you do to fix it? It's horsehide if that is of any help. Its kinda hard to concealed carry whenever people hear the holster constantly squeaking every time I move. Thanks.

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
I've worn mine for about six months now and over the last month or so i've noticed it making alot of noise when I walk and it has progressively gotten worse. It sounds like im in an old cowboy movie when I walk. Anyone else had this problem and if so what did you do to fix it? It's horsehide if that is of any help. Its kinda hard to concealed carry whenever people hear the holster constantly squeaking every time I move. Thanks.
Use some leather conditioner on it. It quieted mine up a lot. The directions also say that baby powder will quiet the creaking/squeaking down too but I havent tried tha yet seeing as how the conditioner has always taken care of the problem. He sure to get behind the clips good too.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Use some leather conditioner on it. It quieted mine up a lot. The directions also say that baby powder will quiet the creaking/squeaking down too but I havent tried tha yet seeing as how the conditioner has always taken care of the problem. He sure to get behind the clips good too.
That or saddle soap. The instructions that came with mine say to apply one of these options every 5 weeks or so if I remember correctly. it should also help with longevity of the leather.

·
Registered
431 Posts
You can also scroll down to Crossbreeds located in the sponsers section of this forum and ask the owner Mark directly! He monitors the posts and will reply. Kinda nice to be able to talk directly to the guy who invented it.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Ive started to notice the same problem with mine, thanks for posting this thread cause I didnt even think to use conditioner on it. I have a ton at my house that I use on my boots, thanks guys

·
Premium Member
1,626 Posts
Last time the noise issue came up, it turned out to be the holster clips rubbing against the wearer's belt. What type (metal or plastic) and shape clips are you using? Might look at leather conditioner for your belt also. Are the clips snugged solid or can they rotate a bit?
Quality leather, especially the tougher horsehide can tend to be creaky, so conditioner there will also help. Or just glare at the nearest person and make a stink wrinkle with your nose / blame Mexican food, etc..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts