Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
XDS 3.3 .45-cal
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

Came across this post on Facebook today (below), which was originally posted in 2017. The guy who posted has his own training school, and is a firearms instructor (at least that's what he says). Has anyone ever experienced what he described? Have had my XDS since they first came out, and it's always been my go-to CCW. I'd hate to have any doubts whatsoever about it. Thanks!

First catastrophic failure of the class, XD. This makes 20 catastrophic XD failures in just over 2 years of tracking handgun failures in classes. This particular XDS experienced an extractor failure that was not repairable. Extractor, grip safety, and trigger bar are the most common failures that render the gun unusable. This is why I don't recommend the XD for anything, ever, anywhere.
Air gun Trigger Wood Gun barrel Gun accessory

·
Registered
XDS 3.3 .45-cal
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
An XD and and XD-S are different guns. That said, need more info before I’ll comment further. My XD-S .45 runs like a top.
My (rookie) mistake. Yes, my XD-S also runs great, no issues. Didn't realize they were two different animals. Thanks for the reply.
An XD and and XD-S are different guns. That said, need more info before I’ll comment further. My XD-S .45 runs like a top.

·
Registered
XDS 3.3 .45-cal
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks HHunter and Dagwood for the observations/info! Not being a gun expert myself, I didn’t notice the inconsistencies in his claims and photo. But I’m happy to see that it was pretty much BS, since I love my XDS. That’s what I get for taking anything seriously on Facebook. ;)
Thanks again!

·
Registered
XDS 3.3 .45-cal
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
HEY, who you callin EXPERTS?? Don’t ya know a EX is a Has-Been and a S-PERTS is a drip under pressure? We’re Professionals around here!!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Welcome to the club! Wee’ll lern ya guud here.
Learn somethin' new every day! Won't make that mistake again. :LOL:
Thanks for the welcome!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts